• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Instagram Promotion on instagram

FollsUnitex

Do you think instagram is a good way of promoting your videos. Like on your story? finding it very hard to promote my videos. Some are sitting on very little views. Am I missing something? Or do I just wait for the YouTube algorithm to kick in?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Considering Instagram has a horrible link out method, I think the better option with Instagram promotion is to use a linktree link, which I'm noticing more people use now, in your description. You can't put clickable links in descriptions making some forms of promotion kind of pointless. Some do the old "link in profile" after posting a thumbnail as a photo, but I think that's kind of spammy and uninteresting. I like the idea of taking a photo, maybe behind the scenes, with an interesting caption, something along the lines of "I've been recording something pretty cool latley, if you want to see what that is, there's a link in my bio"

Otherwise just splattering a thumbnail as an instagram post with a boring "check out my video" is boring and will be scrolled past quickly. You want to be engaging on Instagram.

Reactions: FollsUnitex

nathanielong

designatestudio.com
Subscriber Goal
What Beanie said! I've been trying my hardest to get me up to 10k on Insta for the swipe up feature on stories, but even without that, you can make it work.

I've been following the suggestion of some personalities like Sunny Lenarduzzi on Youtube. One of which is teasing the video (on your stories, and use location tags, and hashtags for more views) you're about to release the next day. Then ask your followers to react or to respond to your poll. And if they respond, you'll send them a link straight to your video that just released. That works for me quite a bit.

You can also try to get a really engaging hook (which is a small snippet of your video) and maybe a teaser tip or 2, then tell them to watch the whole video on YT, and link is in your bio.

OP
OP
FollsUnitex

FollsUnitex

Considering Instagram has a horrible link out method, I think the better option with Instagram promotion is to use a linktree link, which I'm noticing more people use now, in your description. You can't put clickable links in descriptions making some forms of promotion kind of pointless. Some do the old "link in profile" after posting a thumbnail as a photo, but I think that's kind of spammy and uninteresting. I like the idea of taking a photo, maybe behind the scenes, with an interesting caption, something along the lines of "I've been recording something pretty cool latley, if you want to see what that is, there's a link in my bio"

Otherwise just splattering a thumbnail as an instagram post with a boring "check out my video" is boring and will be scrolled past quickly. You want to be engaging on Instagram.
Thank you for the advice!

What Beanie said! I've been trying my hardest to get me up to 10k on Insta for the swipe up feature on stories, but even without that, you can make it work.

I've been following the suggestion of some personalities like Sunny Lenarduzzi on Youtube. One of which is teasing the video (on your stories, and use location tags, and hashtags for more views) you're about to release the next day. Then ask your followers to react or to respond to your poll. And if they respond, you'll send them a link straight to your video that just released. That works for me quite a bit.

You can also try to get a really engaging hook (which is a small snippet of your video) and maybe a teaser tip or 2, then tell them to watch the whole video on YT, and link is in your bio.
Ok thank you! I will try that out shortly!

Reactions: nathanielong

Rick Ace

Subscriber Goal
I'm a new YouTuber and started promoting on Instagram a couple of few weeks ago and so far, most of the followers I'm getting on Instagram is other YouTubers that want a follow back. I have 67 followers on Instagram and only 17 on YouTube. I'm still new at it so I'm continuing posting hoping that eventually it will pay off.

OP
OP
FollsUnitex

FollsUnitex

I'm a new YouTuber and started promoting on Instagram a couple of few weeks ago and so far, most of the followers I'm getting on Instagram is other YouTubers that want a follow back. I have 67 followers on Instagram and only 17 on YouTube. I'm still new at it so I'm continuing posting hoping that eventually it will pay off.
Keep going! You will get there! Whats ur next milestone?

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
For my videos, I post a snippet of it on IGTV that automatically post another snippet of the snippet to Instagram and I always put a link to my latest video on my profile. But I agree with @Midas that Facebook is better and easier.

OP
OP
FollsUnitex

FollsUnitex

For my videos, I post a snippet of it on IGTV that automatically post another snippet of the snippet to Instagram and I always put a link to my latest video on my profile. But I agree with @Midas that Facebook is better and easier.
Thank you, do you know what facebook groups to join, all i see is sub for sub

OP
OP
FollsUnitex

FollsUnitex

Instagram, really needs to work on having a direct link to Youtube. That would be sooooooooooo much easier!
Jessica
Like a you tube share option that is like when you add posts to your story and you can click on it to go to the original posts.That but for your thumbnail, people click on your thumbnail and it goes straight to your video. I think that will get you more views over time, due it being more effective

DevilGonz

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Not so good at Instagram. . But at least with the hastags that you put on post, they will see that ur making something on YouTube. . And at least we have tried to share. .

JRocksPRT

Subscriber Goal
I seem to be having a reverse situation from many of you. I hit my 100 YouTube subscribers about 10 days ago and decided to create both an Instagram and a FB page to help promote. Even though Facebook has better/easier tools and ways to do things, that page is only liked by my friends and family (around 60 people). On the flip side, I added hashtags to my IG posts and I have 97 followers in IG (mostly strangers/NOT fam and friends) and I gained 32 YouTube subscribers since starting the IG.
I am using a mix of teaser videos using Reels and/or the story, and a square version of my thumbnails in the IG feed. My channel is painted rock tutorials, so though there are quite a few others out there doing it, but it's not near as many as doing tech tutorials, etc. I also am an admin for a couple local rock painting groups on FB, and in my experience, my fellow hard core rock painters love seeing other people's work so hashtags like #paintedrocksofinstagram are pulling in likes and comments from beginners to people who should be/are professional artists. My tutorial this week was for suicide awareness rocks and I added some hashtags around mental health that also drew in some views from that community.

schoolofselfmade

schoolofselfmade.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey buddy.
I've used Instagram for about a dozen different brands over the years. I believe Instagram is absolutely a great tool to use to promote your videos & channel.

However, with social media content you have to treat it with a little finesse. You can't just post about your channel. In fact, depending on who you talk to, you only want to self promote 20-40% of your posts. The goal is engagement. Just like YouTube.

I've been able to grow my first 200 followers on most Instagram accounts within 7 days or less by doing a couple simple routine tasks.

1. Each post I make, I make it a habit to search hashtags I want to rank for and then I engage with different posts for at least 5 minutes. Meaning, I'll comment and like other content, but mostly I'll be in comments. It's important to stick with the 5 minutes for every post you make. It is for me at least or else I would forget to do it.
2. I always try to be topical when posting, also knowing my audience. You don't want to post content that's not relevant to your followers. Having a faithful 200 followers is better than having 2000 unengaged followers.
3. Post minimum once a day. I know it's a chore, trust me. But nowadays there's several social media scheduling apps that make batch posting easier. I've tried over a dozen. In fact, I wasn't pleased with all but 2-3 of them so I actually created my own. It'll be released next month.
4. Be genuine. Don't just post something like "Awesome." on another users thread. Find a unique point. I promise you'll have better success being the most unique comment than being one of the usual.
5. Repurpose your YouTube videos for more content. You can do this by making video clips of audio, converting to blogs, pictures highlighting specific texts, and more. Don't reinvent the wheel. Just make sure it's relevant and not repetitive.
6. On occasion feel free to DM another IG user a sincere compliment. Maybe say something like, I think you'd like this video I posted and share the link. You'll have better luck with personalized DMs sharing your link than just leaving it in your bio.
7. The big one. Never buy followers. Ever.

If I can help you out any more please let me know. I actually kinda miss building IG accounts.