• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion Who has lost a Job during this Pandemic??

ParayHD

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
As a Student in the UK..I know what this pandemic has done to a whole lot of people. Student Job has totally crashed, not just only student I know so many people that has been laid of in the last couple of weeks and months ago.....And I'm just thinking, What's the future of work? Will we ever get to that point that life was normal and things were moving perfectly?

The New Gardener

Subscriber Goal
as a stand up comedian, obviously the work just stopped, I do have a day job (international logistics involving flying every week) but that has been massively restricted as having to work form home remotely.

gardening has been my saving grace - reason for youtube channel to help likeminded people

Reviews By You

TubeBuddy Legend
Both my wife and I have in effect lost our jobs / had to suspend working until this Covid 19 dies out or is made less lethal for her as she falls into a high risk category and as a dentist she works in a high risk area and I can't go to work for fear of bringing something back to her. Hence the real hard push to get the channel going. :(

Reactions: ParayHD
OP
OP
ParayHD

ParayHD

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Both my wife and I have in effect lost our jobs / had to suspend working until this Covid 19 dies out or is made less lethal for her as she falls into a high risk category and as a dentist she works in a high risk area and I can't go to work for fear of bringing something back to her. Hence the real hard push to get the channel going. :(

That't true..Similar with me. The situation has made me to be so focused on youtube because it may be a saving grace one day. Cheers

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I lost all of my scheduled events and jobs this year and so effectively lost my job? I'm still a business owner so I still have a job.. I'm just without work.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I hate to be the one person here with some positive comments but here we go.

I was actually lucky to have avoided some of the worst end results of this pandemic. I had just moved to Orlando when the virus was starting to become news. I was blessed with a new job just before I jumped on the plane working as my wife's coworker, both getting paid decent money, more than we ever had before. We were hotel hoping for almost 3 months before we finally got this apart and luckily enough not only were our jobs considered essential and my son's job in the fast-food industry but due to the pandemic causing financial issues for everyone the apart complex had a deal where we were able to move in for very little money compared to what we would have had to pay had this pandemic not been going on. We basically saved nearly $2000 in move-in fees. So yea, we are still working, having to wear a mask 10 hours a day on average, we can pay our rent thankfully and provide food and necessities as well.

The irony is that my current great situation would not had happened had I not taken a chance and purchased airplane tickets to Florida without a plan. Without a job lined up, a place for all 6 of us to move in or even without money. I took the biggest risk ever and it paid off more than I could ever have hoped. So while this virus has been a disaster for the world, 2020 has actually been the best year we have had in decades.

AhmedAmah

It's heartbreaking to hear that so many of us have been affected by this pandemic, and it's definitely worrying to think about the future of work. Unfortunately, it's a difficult time for everyone, but we must stay strong and keep our hope alive.

AhmedAmah

It's heartbreaking to hear that so many of us have been affected by this pandemic, and it's definitely worrying to think about the future of work. Unfortunately, it's a difficult time for everyone, but we must stay strong and keep our hope alive.
We may not be able to control the situation at the moment, but we can control our mindset. However, there is a way out. I recommend checking out https://jobgether.com/search/work-from-home-it-job-offers-online-jobs-jobgether to find a wide selection of remote jobs with flexible contract conditions. I'm sure you'll find the best job for you. Hang in there and stay safe!