• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Has TubeBuddy really helped grow your channel? how long has i taken to see results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
My channel (IKGReaper) has only gained a few subs from TB.. Maybe its an issue with my channel or maybe its just because youtube doesnt like new guys lol.

TubeBuddy is a set of tools, it's how you use them for what you need. If you want to grow on YouTube a great step is earning views and people looking for the content you make through search:

We have a whole playlist series on how to use these tools to help you understand YT and earn more views!

I also grew the TubeBuddy YT channel to 375,000 subscribers using these tools and focusing on search. The tools are like an artist paint brush. The brush (The tool) alone can't paint a masterpiece, but when the artist uses the tool magic can happen.

dennynj122002

Subscriber Goal
Isaac J I like your question I been Member About a Week Ago. Honestly I don't know how tubebuddy to grown-up , my view till nothing growing i'm so concerned too

OP
OP
IsaacJ

IsaacJ

I mean the most its done for me is give me a content video to make about it but thats it lol

OP
OP
IsaacJ

IsaacJ

my best advice for you is change your thumbnail per video, get creative you can check out mine to see how ive changed my thumbnail per video but it takes about 50 or so videos to see alot of growth on your channel from what ive learned from research, however keep making your how to videos people love those

Reactions: dennynj122002

dennynj122002

Subscriber Goal
I did Change Thumbnail ,I did Follow have more than 100 videos too.i keep try look back all video did post.I will see after two how is work ?

OP
OP
IsaacJ

IsaacJ

what is your real goal with youtube try and stick to one path recycled news isnt really gonna get you subscribers people want content designed to help them or inform them on what they dont already know you need to make people curious and how to videos are great for curiosity

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
My channel (IKGReaper) has only gained a few subs from TB.. Maybe its an issue with my channel or maybe its just because youtube doesnt like new guys lol.
Do you mean Tubebuddy or the Tubebuddy Forum?

Thank you for clarification @dennyynj122022.
You responded to my question asking me about TubeBuddy in particular and my answer would be because I am a small you tuber and had not been uploading videos for a long time It might not be as obvious as longer-term you tubers who could possibly be in a better position to analyse their data to see if there was a noticeable improvement.

However, what I can say is I have learnt a lot about thumbnails, analytics, SEO, algorithms etc to name just a few through but more importantly the reasons behind the use of these tools.

So I would assume it must have grown my channel by default bearing all those in mind (thumbnails, analytics, SEO, algorithms). I am still getting there though day by day, being patient, continuously researching, enjoying and committing regardless of views or subscribers now.

I think you asked a question in a former post about your channel. I will go back to that and give my humble feedback.

Isaac J I like your question I been Member About a Week Ago. Honestly I don't know how tubebuddy to grown-up , my view till nothing growing i'm so concerned too

Hello again, I have gone back onto your channel, left you a few thumbs up on what I was interested in and couple of comments.
I think the most important and positive point in you videos about DIY in repairing homes is that you are skilled and an expert in what you do. I think it is now just about putting this across.
I can see you are getting steadily better about placing your camera and your audio.
Do you think you would like to change your thumbnails again? That could be the first step. You mentioned in a post somewhere about English not being your first language. I would not worry too much about that in my opinion that in so far you speak clearly because a lot of what you do is demonstrated anyway.
Another idea is for you to go on other people's channels that do the same as you and look for tips on how they demonstrate their DIY skills.

I got a lot of information and advice about improving my audio recently from a guy I met on this Forum called @ Its Jonny Keeley
and how to set up a youtube channel for beginners called @ Michael James Lets Get Geared Up
Have a look at their channels and ask questions if you would like to

By the way, don't forget to reply to my comments (engagement) and delete any inappropriate comments on your site that may be from scammers

This is my humble opinion, I am still learning every day myself but I hope to see myself improving.
Keep it up to don't give up :)

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
The keyword explorer have defiantly helped my channel to grow a lot by finding topics and niches where videos from my smaller channel could compete and get good search results. I believe I started using TubeBuddy late 2017 or early 2018 and this is how my channel have grown:
2016 - 120 919 views
2017 - 128 790 views
2018 - 366 818 views
2019 - 487 938 views
And the trend continues for 2020 where I'm right now is about 42% ahead of the numbers of views I had at the same time during 2019.

As you can tell my channel barely had any growth between 2016-2017 when I wasnt using TubeBuddy but have seen a lot of growth during 2017-2019 since I started using TubeBuddy. Now all the success doesn't come from TubeBuddy I have improved myself, I have learned a lot and I have put in hard work. But TubeBuddy defiantly has been a part of it.

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
The keyword explorer have defiantly helped my channel to grow a lot by finding topics and niches where videos from my smaller channel could compete and get good search results. I believe I started using TubeBuddy late 2017 or early 2018 and this is how my channel have grown:
2016 - 120 919 views
2017 - 128 790 views
2018 - 366 818 views
2019 - 487 938 views
And the trend continues for 2020 where I'm right now is about 42% ahead of the numbers of views I had at the same time during 2019.

As you can tell my channel barely had any growth between 2016-2017 when I wasnt using TubeBuddy but have seen a lot of growth during 2017-2019 since I started using TubeBuddy. Now all the success doesn't come from TubeBuddy I have improved myself, I have learned a lot and I have put in hard work. But TubeBuddy defiantly has been a part of it.
Thanks for this breakdown @Ater, this was exactly what I was explaining to @dennynj122002 l,ong term YouTubers will have the figures and can evidence growth or otherwise.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

TubeBuddy is a set of tools, it's how you use them for what you need. If you want to grow on YouTube a great step is earning views and people looking for the content you make through search:

We have a whole playlist series on how to use these tools to help you understand YT and earn more views!

I also grew the TubeBuddy YT channel to 375,000 subscribers using these tools and focusing on search. The tools are like an artist paint brush. The brush (The tool) alone can't paint a masterpiece, but when the artist uses the tool magic can happen.

dennynj122002

Subscriber Goal
Thank You for Share Information , I'm Just Join For about 2 weeks . the Biggest mistake is not log in Forums to learn more, just keep the focus on channel post that, Now I Ready Learn for Hard way I Need Balance from Post Video and Learn More In Forums Again Thank you All

Hello again, I have gone back onto your channel, left you a few thumbs up on what I was interested in and couple of comments.
I think the most important and positive point in you videos about DIY in repairing homes is that you are skilled and an expert in what you do. I think it is now just about putting this across.
I can see you are getting steadily better about placing your camera and your audio.
Do you think you would like to change your thumbnails again? That could be the first step. You mentioned in a post somewhere about English not being your first language. I would not worry too much about that in my opinion that in so far you speak clearly because a lot of what you do is demonstrated anyway.
Another idea is for you to go on other people's channels that do the same as you and look for tips on how they demonstrate their DIY skills.

I got a lot of information and advice about improving my audio recently from a guy I met on this Forum called @ Its Jonny Keeley
and how to set up a youtube channel for beginners called @ Michael James Lets Get Geared Up
Have a look at their channels and ask questions if you would like to

By the way, don't forget to reply to my comments (engagement) and delete any inappropriate comments on your site that may be from scammers

This is my humble opinion, I am still learning every day myself but I hope to see myself improving.
Keep it up to don't give up :)
Thank You For Your Advice and I love to learn more , Yes I Did Concern My English not enough. But Like You Said Language Some time Not A Point .i Keep Do In English.I did Make Couple Video In Vietnam Language Thank You Again for your time

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thank You For Your Advice and I love to learn more , Yes I Did Concern My English not enough. But Like You Said Language Some time Not A Point .i Keep Do In English.I did Make Couple Video In Vietnam Language Thank You Again for your time
Correction
@Its Jonny Keeley -for help on audio and photography
@Michael James- for help on Growing your youtube channel

meditationlibrary

TubeBuddy User
Good statement! Your thoughts helped me to improve my channel.

I am watching the video now, excited about improving my channel and getting more subscribers.

• Love
Reactions: AlexMagana

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
TubeBuddy has helped me for years. I joined the forum supposedly in 2017, but I've been using it for longer than that I suspect. Back in the early days it was the only way to know for sure how many characters you were using in tags. I'd often get "you have used too many characters" when trying to type in my tags, and with the TubeBuddy extension, it would should my character limit so it was never a guessing game. That was my earliest memory.

Then it started suggesting better tag suggestions, I always found it difficult to think of good tags, and back then (2016 maybe?) it suggested tags relevant to the video and my niche, helping me become one of the top ranking channels in my niche (drawing Dinosaurs) and it helped me be competitive against other already established channels to start out-ranking them.

Probably a year after that, I started to get overwhelmed with comments and I learned about the "hide comments I've already replied to" filter. This was years before YouTube had it, so instead of scrolling through weeks if not months of comments in case I missed something from a few weeks back, tubebuddy helped filter out comments I already replied to, so I could focus only on those I HADN'T replied to, helping me establish a community of subscribers who knew I was interested in interacting and replying, meaning they would come back.

Then I noticed there were ranking numbers (this was still before I joined the forums I think, and before I started watching the streams) that there were green numbers appearing next to my keywords. I noticed the longer keyword terms were ranking with numbers 1-3, and less specific tags would rank 10-20, and some wouldn't even rank at all. This made me realise I needed to get more specific with my tags, so I tried to get more 1's in my rankings by going with more specific tags, and thus, I was discovered more.

Then I learned about A/B testing which was HUGE for me. I'm an artist, so thumbnail design is one of my favourite parts of YouTube. So I've been able to use the A/B testing tool to see if my modified tweaks have any impact on weather people want to click. It's hard to gather that data manually, so having the A/B testing tool helps switch your thumbnails which shows if your new thumbnail gets people clicking more or not... and THAT'S one of the most important elements of growth. If no one clicks, no one watches.

I'm still learning more and more to this day. I could be using a lot more tools I know, I need to get out of my comfort zone and discover even more features, but my gosh the ones that are there have been helpful over the years.

Not to mention the friendships I've develped from being active in the livestream community which in itself is invaluble as well.
Even if some of the plans come at a cost, the livestreams are free, and building relationships that last for years is priceless.

Reactions: Mario So

dennynj122002

Subscriber Goal
I am watching the video now, excited about improving my channel, and getting more subscribers.
I Wish You All Luck For Your Channel! I New Here Too I Have the same Question Like you Too. How to grown My Channel Up . After Got some Advice From Forumer I learn One thing is This takes Time and Focusing And Most Importantly The Thumbnail .and Learn How to use all tools too.I'm Till Lean All Of that :).

Reactions: Netski64
Status
Not open for further replies.