• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software What is the best for making video with two cameras or phones?

Nl Dreams

Subscriber Goal
So what I want is to film with phone or camera and add myself with another camera or web camera. I am using OSB but quality is not greatest. I might need use another phone instead of webcam. What are you guys using?

Reactions: Keeping up with the

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
What kind of webcam are you using? If you're filming using OBS, I probably wouldn't worry about going with a phone, seems Logitech C930+ and Logitech Brio 4k have good quality for recording.

You can also use Elgota cam links to get DSLR and similar camera inputs into OBS and treat your bigger cameras as a webcam. I've looked into trying this myself. There's a few good cameras that Roberto Blake and @Andrew have suggested in the past which would also work well as webcams with the right capture cards.

Also keep in mind that lighting is important as well. A good quality camera will still look bad in OBS if your lighting isn't good. Also keep in mind of your bitrate quality. A super sharp camera will still look grainy and pixelated if your settings aren't optimised.

Reactions: Keeping up with the
OP
OP
Nl Dreams

Nl Dreams

Subscriber Goal
Thank you for advice. I do have Nikon D5500 DSLR and Iphone 7 or Samsung S9+ and Dell Inspiron 3000 with I7 7500 CPU and 8gb Ram With Radeon 2GB video card also snowball Ice microphone but not sure how to set settings for it to get great audio. I will try to play with settings and hope I will find a balance

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for advice. I do have Nikon D5500 DSLR and Iphone 7 or Samsung S9+ and Dell Inspiron 3000 with I7 7500 CPU and 8gb Ram With Radeon 2GB video card also snowball Ice microphone but not sure how to set settings for it to get great audio. I will try to play with settings and hope I will find a balance
That's a nice setup, althought if you can (if you can afford it, and if your dell is a desktop) I'd upgrade your ram. I have 16gb ram but that's 3 years old now, so I'm looking to upgrade to 32gb is 16gb is slowly starting to get throttled, so 8gb Ram will become more and more of a bottleneck for you. I'd also look into upgrading your radeon over time, but I suspect you might be using a laptop so you can't really upgrade that.

I definitely think with the Nikon D5500 DSLR you SHOULD be able to use that as a webcam with a camlink. @Andrew will know more about this because that's how he streams in good quality.

AEONIAN GAMING

Subscriber Goal
A Good DSLR would definitely do the job, unless you have a good webcam, I mean quality matters than quantity of videos these days, you know what I mean

MrE

Ooh I would love a D5500 everyone talks about the Canon EOS M50 but I have Nikon Lenses for my old DSLR so I’d love to upgrade. Right now I use an iPhone 7 Plus and an HD webcam with a £13 lapel mic Plugged in to the mic port of the laptop.

Just watched 2 of your videos including your latest one. What software are you using to edit? I use premiere pro with a creative cloud account. That allows me to use Adobe auditions to clean up any audio. It should get rid of that hissing sound, one of the audio effect presets in your editing software should sort it.

sampocker

I would use the Nikon and the Samsung as my cameras.

Then I would use the built-in mic on the iPhone as the mic. (Use voice recorder app and clap your hands to sync all three).

Then I would use Davinci Resolve's "Multicam" feature.

This would be an effective solution that wouldn't cost you any money.

Hope this helps!

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I just use my phone. I do need a review on my audio quality though but my suncribers are not really complaining as I do trending news. I will definitely be upgrading to some of the tech mentioned here if only I know what they are. I am so lost when it comes to technology so my pgone for now.

zahirisoolw

I would recommend using a digital camera like a DSLR, this way IΓÇÖm sure youΓÇÖll get the best quality. If you are however, on a tighter budget a good phone like Google Pixel or iPhone would also get the job done in a nice way. It depends on your preference really. Recently, for one shoot that I did, I actually used an analog camera, but thatΓÇÖs because the theme of the shoot was retro and old-school. We event went to a forest as a location, to make it more mysterious. I found it on aperfectspace.com, and was very happy with how it turned out. You can check out the website if youΓÇÖre in a search for nice locations for your shoots.

Last edited:
Reactions: nate polmateer

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
With the previous channel I started I basically used my phone. No need for the fanciest equipment. Sometimes the best camera available is the one you carry in your pocket.