• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Twitter How to promote Youtube channel in Twitter?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, the simplest way is to basically share your channel and the videos to your followers as you upload them. Some prefer to link to the video directly which is displayed on the tweet, others used the video thumbnail with a link to the video in the text, usually a short version of the link, like a Bit.ly link to it. The thumbnail can often be more catchy than the video itself on the tweet.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Research hashtags on Twitter that relate to your video. Try not to dump a bunch of hashtags into your tweet though.

What I usually do is make a small clip of the video, instead of having a thumbnail.
That is what I do if the hashtag of the video somehow relates to the topic.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Research hashtags on Twitter that relate to your video. Try not to dump a bunch of hashtags into your tweet though.

What I usually do is make a small clip of the video, instead of having a thumbnail.
It actually seems more and more that hashtags are irrelevant on Twitter seems that when you search, results even with no hashtags will show up under trending.

I think think the best way... but I don't have that much experience with twitter, is to use your profile as a funnel, your tweets occasionally, and I've heard it's like a 1/10 rule or something along those lines. 1 out of 10 tweets should be a promotional video, then the other 9 tweets should be spent building a community, discussion and conversing with other people's tweets for a NON promotional means.

If all anyone does is just promote, promote, promote, no one is going to be interested in your channel or your twitter.

Reactions: FollsUnitex

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Also actually engage in conversations on Twitter. Not about your videos but just as you would in a party or when something the Minnesota situation hits. Forget the stupid promo. Actually get human and talk and share your views on something sensitive. Some how people will realize you're real and in it for more than just yourself, and start conversing and eventually watching, comment, subscribe to your videos as well as buy your products.

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
How to promote Youtube channel in Twitter?
Well, if you're verified (blue checkmark), you can upload up to 1 hour video natively (1080 quality) which they're supposedly pushing hard on the platform now.

Perhaps use a trailer or smaller version to upload on Twitter and add a reply below that tweet with a link to the full video on YouTube... at least, that's what I'm doing now to see what the engagement/traction is!

Reactions: Damon

Xavier De Buck

Subscriber Goal
Apologies - I was wrong - it's TWO HOURS (1080p), not one hour

Anyone else been trying to post longer-form video content on Twitter?

Any data/stats they'd like to share with us here?

Whilst I'm aware that I've only recently started sharing those LF vids on Twitter, I'm not necessarily seeing much traction there AT ALL...

Thoughts?