• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Updated Channel Art For New Channel

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
OK, so here's round two of my channel art. Hopefully, this will be the final draft and that any changes are minor. I'm liking the changes. I feel it looks better. What are your thoughts? Be honest. (Images changed to reflect the corrections from the first post)

This is my YouTube banner
Banner 2560x423.jpg

My Twitter banner
Twitter Banner.jpg

And my TB signature banner
TB Banner.jpg

Last edited:

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
The shadow + white outline really messes with my eyes >_< especially the black text, I feel like I'm seeing double unless I focus on it.

Got a typo. 'Startegy' (unless this is a pun that I'm not in on lol)

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
LOL, how did I miss both the spelling and the pun? Now that I look at it the shadows are playing with my eye too.

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
OK, I updated the images. I made the shadows a bit more transparent. Looks better. What do you think? I also corrected the spelling error.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Mate, I'm going to be real, I'm not a huge fan of the "bar code" to the right. I mean, it looks "cool" but I have no idea what it means?

I'd go for more simplicity. The barcode is a bit glarish in my opinion and takes away from what could be a really tasteful minimal style of banner. I'd also get rid of "what's going on gamers?" have the logo smack in the middle
"gaming news tech" to the left just next to the bottom white arrow, and gameplay strategy to the left. This banner is screaming for some symetry in my opinion.

I LOVE the gradient, I'm just not really sure about the barcode. can you explain more about your thought behind it?

Reactions: BraveStar

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Mate, I'm going to be real, I'm not a huge fan of the "bar code" to the right. I mean, it looks "cool" but I have no idea what it means?
Speaking of bar code, is it me or does the quality looks pixelated towards the bottom? Might not be a big fuss if it's seen on mobile or a smaller window resolution :thinking:
1591894584802.png

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Speaking of bar code, is it me or does the quality looks pixelated towards the bottom? Might not be a big fuss if it's seen on mobile or a smaller window resolution :thinking:
View attachment 5947
Red will always do that. I remember someone saying it had something to do with red having less colours, or harder to compress, but red has always had that effect ever since I started using photoshop.

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

I'd go for more simplicity. The barcode is a bit glarish in my opinion and takes away from what could be a really tasteful minimal style of banner. I'd also get rid of "what's going on gamers?" have the logo smack in the middle
"gaming news tech" to the left just next to the bottom white arrow, and gameplay strategy to the left. This banner is screaming for some symetry in my opinion.

I LOVE the gradient, I'm just not really sure about the barcode. can you explain more about your thought behind it?

To be honest I can understand what you mean and you may have hit at what's been bothering me. I never gave the "barcodes" much thought in that sense. I didn't actually see the barcodes until you mentioned it. I liked the look of the design and the colors matched the scheme I was looking for. yet something about it just didn't sit right. I don't think it's the barcode look but more of the significance in the image. I was looking for a pattern for my background, nothing more. but it seems the image adds more than just a look, it seems to imply a significance I wasn't intending to add.

As for the symmetry, while I'm still not satisfied with my subtitles I did want my logo off-center. It's a style I like but the barcode seems to have caused too much distraction, even to me, that it's not giving me the look I wanted. I may still stick with the off-center look but I'm definitely gonna reconsider the barcode look.

As for the "what's going on" subtitle, that's my brand, my saying. Something I've always said and was trying to see if it worked as part of my banner since I'm struggling to give it a catchy subtitle.

Looks like I still have a lot of work to do here. Time to reexamine and potentially start from scratch again. LOL. I don't mind. I enjoy the editing part of all of this and I don't wanna rush this. I want it to be exactly the way I want it to be. I'm not there yet and I can feel it.

Thanks for the comments. They definitely helped me see something I was missing.

View attachment 5947

Yea, I was concerned with that too and have been trying to figure out how to fix that and now it seems @Beanie Draws might have explained why. Will have to look into that.

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws