• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Number of people waiting for LIVE event

LisaMBM

For the very first time, I scheduled a LIVE event for this Saturday. Once I created it, I could see that a number of people were 'waiting.' This waiting number is positioned beneath the title. At first the number was 3 and now it's down to 1.

Granted, it's a few days away. But I was curious about the numbers.

Can anyone explain the whole strategy around this?
Can I see who is waiting?
Are the people who were waiting logged off YouTube so this is why the number is down?

TIA

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
people who are waiting are those clicked on the thumbnail for your pre-scheduled stream. Since this was your first time doing this someone likely thought that maybe you were currently live, or maybe they wanted to read the description.

There isnt much strategy to be played here as the livestream is scheduled so much further in advance, but you can also go into the chat of the stream and attempt to engage them. Just say hi or sonething. You dont get any view/watchtime credit for people waiting.

Good luck!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
people who are waiting are those clicked on the thumbnail for your pre-scheduled stream. Since this was your first time doing this someone likely thought that maybe you were currently live, or maybe they wanted to read the description.

There isnt much strategy to be played here as the livestream is scheduled so much further in advance, but you can also go into the chat of the stream and attempt to engage them. Just say hi or sonething. You dont get any view/watchtime credit for people waiting.

Good luck!

You could promote it, or tell the people you do notice in chat to set a reminder :) Besides that what Stanley said is correct!

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
...or tell the people you do notice in chat to set a reminder :)

Yup, this is the way! I actually didn't even know YouTube had a reminder feature to chime into a live stream later until someone I followed pointed it out to me!!

Never assume your audience is familiar with how live streaming even works. You may have to spell it out and tell people that the reminder feature even exists.