• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Facebook Facebook and Shadow banning

Immortal Explorer

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So as my channel only has 102 subscribers the majority of my views when I post a new vid initially come from my Facebook page of the same name, Immortal Explorer.

I can usually rely on a good portion of my real life friends liking and sharing my vids. However, the last tow I have shared I have not received any likes, in fact engagement is down massively.

Granted this could be just that nobody actually likes them, however having spoken to a few close friends they say that they have not seen my vids in their feed.

My channel is about travelling vids of South America, I upload about every three days and the content is definitely not Spammy.

I'm just wondering if there could be any type of Shadow ban implemented by Facebook. However my content is in no way political so this seems odd.

I am aware that this is an issue to take up with Fbook but they are impossible to contact directly and I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced ths.

Cheers

Alex

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So as my channel only has 102 subscribers the majority of my views when I post a new vid initially come from my Facebook page of the same name, Immortal Explorer.

I can usually rely on a good portion of my real life friends liking and sharing my vids. However, the last tow I have shared I have not received any likes, in fact engagement is down massively.

Granted this could be just that nobody actually likes them, however having spoken to a few close friends they say that they have not seen my vids in their feed.

My channel is about travelling vids of South America, I upload about every three days and the content is definitely not Spammy.

I'm just wondering if there could be any type of Shadow ban implemented by Facebook. However my content is in no way political so this seems odd.

I am aware that this is an issue to take up with Fbook but they are impossible to contact directly and I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced ths.

Cheers

Alex

Facebook says they try to promote videos that people watch more of similar to YouTube they've been making changes. It could just be that they haven't seen what they're looking for to promote the content. Facebook is pretty much Pay for reach, or don't and we wont' push you. I am NOT a fan of their system.

Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
Immortal Explorer

Immortal Explorer

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Facebook says they try to promote videos that people watch more of similar to YouTube they've been making changes. It could just be that they haven't seen what they're looking for to promote the content. Facebook is pretty much Pay for reach, or don't and we wont' push you. I am NOT a fan of their system.

Ok thanks, it just struck me as odd as my shares to Fbook usually get great engagement, and I haven't changed anything my end.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Ok thanks, it just struck me as odd as my shares to Fbook usually get great engagement, and I haven't changed anything my end.

Well Facebook LOVES money and engagement sadly doesn't = Watchtime all the time. If FB sees you are getting that organically then they could internally, and keep in mind this is speculation. Say why not pay for this? That's why a lot of people were mad at FB in the past.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Yea, but while you may not have changed, social media sites are always changing and what may have worked today might not work tomorrow. Sadly they are not always straightforward with this information either. Sometimes we have to find out the hard way and adjust accordingly.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I was trying to promote my YT channel on FB and found it unproductive to post YT links. I do not think FB likes things that take people away from their site. So, I started making short trailers of my vids and posting the trailer on FB as a native vid, and encouraging people to go to YT to see the whole vid. Then FB kept asking for money to advertise my vids. Pay to play...

Was just more trouble than it was worth, and I quit messing with it. Pretty much quit FB, it is just for keeping in contact with family back in the US.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

Cheers

Alex
I haven't been on facebook for years, but last time I was on, they definitely restrict you if you get too "popular" without paying them. Zuck relys on sponsored posts and facebook promotions, so if users aren't "boosting" posts, they're going to limit your reach until you pay up. That's how it was 5 years ago when I decided to abandon facebook and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if it's still the case.
They now on Instagram, so just wait for your instagram posts to stop reaching your audience and having to pay to "boost" your content to all your audience.

Facebook says a lot of things. I wouldn't trust Zuck with a 1000 foot pole. I don't mind the idea of paid advertising, but I much prefer YouTube's methods. You don't pay to grow your channel or video, but if you have a product you want more reach, paid promotion helps.

Facebook should be the same. Organic reach, not restricted reach, and to get even MORE eyeballs, you can pay to boost it out even further in ads. but having to pay for a post to reach fans from the very beginning...

So close to just deleting my facebook account.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I don't mind the idea of paid advertising, but I much prefer YouTube's methods
Yeah. YT would love for every vid to get millions of views. They would sell more ads. Also when they sell ads, we get money. It is a win/win.
FB wants us to pay to promote a post, then they also sell ads. They are milking too many cows at once. I ain't playing that game.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I do know that Facebook doesn't like people going off site for video much anymore from what I've heard. Also if engagement on the FB platform is low they show you less. Facebook from what I know tries to show people things that they engage with so if I like something my friend Chris posts every day and always comment they will continue to show his content.