• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback In serious need of thumbnail feedback!

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi guys, I've gone through many changes and iterations of my thumbnails although i have started quite recently, i have experimented with different thumbnail designs, i made one for one of my recent videos and was wondering if i could get any feedback on it? its quite simple so would be great to get as much as possible. Many Thanks.
chapter17pt2.jpg

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Your thumbnail looks really good. I do have a suggestion or idea I think you might wanna consider. If it's your style. I found it that thumbnails with border tend to be more attractive. Maybe you might like this idea? The black line makes in stand out on YouTube's white pages while enhancing the white border of the thumbnail and on YT Dark Mode the white border stands out. Just a thought. :grinning: You can even include your channel logo/avatar in the box at the bottom corner.

Test.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: BaldBoldBear
OP
OP
BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Your thumbnail looks really good. I do have a suggestion or idea I think you might wanna consider. If it's your style. I found it that thumbnails with border tend to be more attractive. Maybe you might like this idea? The black line makes in stand out on YouTube's white pages while enhancing the white border of the thumbnail and on YT Dark Mode the white border stands out. Just a thought. :grinning: You can even include your channel logo/avatar in the box at the bottom corner.

View attachment 5722
Thank you so much for taking your time to give me that suggestion and also create essentially a template that I could go with. I can definitely see how this thumbnail could now stick out on both YouTube's white pages and also dark mode with the added borders, I never even thought about that. It's an awesome idea and I can't wait to adapt it for my future video thumbnails.
I appreciate it a lot! Thank you

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The best part is that you can easily save this template as a transparent PNG and use any photo editor with the file.

y10p

Thank you so much! The CTR for this video was about 15% I don't think that's good at all but it's not a problem haha.
Any CTR above 10% is already super impressive!
I like your thumbnail especially your expression. Potentially you could try a thicker border around yourself to make you stand out more from the rest of the thumbnail?

OP
OP
BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Any CTR above 10% is already super impressive!
I like your thumbnail especially your expression. Potentially you could try a thicker border around yourself to make you stand out more from the rest of the thumbnail?
Oh right that's very reassuring to hear! Thank you very much, I really appreciate that, and yes I think I'll do just that, thank you for the feedback and suggestion!