• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Reddit - permanently banned from first post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkL

Well that was a bit rough - I was permanently banned from a reddit channel using the share tracker on tubebuddy because apparently there is a website associated with the post ... anyone else had this experience?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
What is the share tracker?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pNGyDzaaAM

This is the share tracker:

Well that was a bit rough - I was permanently banned from a reddit channel using the share tracker on tubebuddy because apparently there is a website associated with the post ... anyone else had this experience?

Sorry to hear this. Each reddit has it own set of rules, and since we can't know every million reddits rules, we always recommend you read them before posting, similar to this community, or any like it.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I hate to say it but some of the reddit channels are really strict. I was banned from one for posting a link as part of a reply chain I had with the thread's OP and they have not reinstated me. You can check the channel rules and see what you can do or write to one of the moderators but if they are like some I have met they won't help and will typically be annoyed.

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
I got banned from a subreddit for posting, even though their rules say that I was doing it correctly. It's part not stating the rules right, part getting a bunch of mods that don't know what they're doing.

But @MarkL - Let's make this clear: Did you get banned on a subreddit, or globally?

OP
OP
MarkL

MarkL

I got banned from a subreddit for posting, even though their rules say that I was doing it correctly. It's part not stating the rules right, part getting a bunch of mods that don't know what they're doing.

But @MarkL - Let's make this clear: Did you get banned on a subreddit, or globally?
I'm not sure Jeffrey, the message said I was permanently banned from r/photography because I posted a link with a website in it - that's my understanding anyway but I'm no expert at reddit - I have sent them a please explain request.
I hate to say it but some of the reddit channels are really strict. I was banned from one for posting a link as part of a reply chain I had with the thread's OP and they have not reinstated me. You can check the channel rules and see what you can do or write to one of the moderators but if they are like some I have met they won't help and will typically be annoyed.
Thanks for the input - reddit is new world for me - obviously one I need to be cautious of.

OP
OP
MarkL

MarkL

What is the share tracker?
Share tracker is part of tubebuddy that allows you to post your videos to your different social platforms, I'm finding it saves a lot of time spent posting to individual platforms.
1590363187184.png

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think trying to share on Reddit is a bit like sharing on ANY social media. You need to know what's allowed and what isn't before you go in sharing.
If Reddit is a "new world" to you (as it has been for me) I'd suggest not sharing anything on it until you've used the platform for long enough to understand the culture. It's a bit like coming into these forums just to share a video without reading the rules.

It appears you used the share feature, to share to a platform without first learning about that platforms rules and culture. Just because you have the ability to do something, doesn't mean it's wise to just rush in and do it. It's a bit like taking a ferarri out for a ride, you have a loose idea of how it works, but you don't fully understand how the ferarri works, you just figure it's like every other car, you put your foot on the peddle and because of it's unexpected power which you didn't study or learn how to control, you end up wrapping yourself around a pole and you don't understand why.

I've been studying Reddit and how it operates for a long time because I've heard of how harsh it can be.

I guess another analogy could be, going to another country without learning it's laws and customs, and getting arrested for doing something you thought was fine, because you didn't take the time to learn the country's laws and customs before enterting.

Mostly I'm just playing devils advocate.

End of the day, know the rules of the other platforms, before you use TubeBuddy's features to post to them :)

Reactions: Ameen and TubeBuddy

TheCannyKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It depends if the sub reddit allows self promoting, do read the terms first. Plus usually just posting a link will often get you banned bcz it will be irrelevant, try starting a conversation or giving tips and then roll in the link in your thread. All in all dont be Direct.

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I think trying to share on Reddit is a bit like sharing on ANY social media. You need to know what's allowed and what isn't before you go in sharing.
If Reddit is a "new world" to you (as it has been for me) I'd suggest not sharing anything on it until you've used the platform for long enough to understand the culture. It's a bit like coming into these forums just to share a video without reading the rules.

It appears you used the share feature, to share to a platform without first learning about that platforms rules and culture. Just because you have the ability to do something, doesn't mean it's wise to just rush in and do it. It's a bit like taking a ferarri out for a ride, you have a loose idea of how it works, but you don't fully understand how the ferarri works, you just figure it's like every other car, you put your foot on the peddle and because of it's unexpected power which you didn't study or learn how to control, you end up wrapping yourself around a pole and you don't understand why.

I've been studying Reddit and how it operates for a long time because I've heard of how harsh it can be.

I guess another analogy could be, going to another country without learning it's laws and customs, and getting arrested for doing something you thought was fine, because you didn't take the time to learn the country's laws and customs before enterting.

End of the day, know the rules of the other platforms, before you use TubeBuddy's features to post to them :)
Beanie Draws,
You are 100% right. Another words, you are right on the money. How long have you been studying Reddit before posting your uploads?
Jessica

OP
OP
MarkL

MarkL

Thanks for the feedback, far from 'rushing in' I used the tools made available by tubebuddy to post to platforms they appear to have recommended, no problem, you live and learn and to offer another analogy, I have never seen anyone research where the contents of their pizza were manufactured or sourced before they eat it, they just eat in good faith and trust that the provider knows what they are doing but your point is noted.

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the feedback, far from 'rushing in' I used the tools made available by tubebuddy to post to platforms they appear to have recommended, no problem, you live and learn and to offer another analogy, I have never seen anyone research where the contents of their pizza were manufactured or sourced before they eat it, they just eat in good faith and trust that the provider knows what they are doing but your point is noted.
While I have never learned the source of the Pizza I do check the rules of the Pizza place as I enter the shop to make sure I'm following the rules. The difference is you make a mistake at the Pizza place you apologize in person they will normally kick you out that day but you could come back the next and follow the rules.

On Reddit tomorrow never comes as most have a 1 strike system.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

MY vegan friends would beg to differ, but your point is noted. Again A LOT of reedits don't mind, but every community is different.

Reactions: Beanie Draws
Status
Not open for further replies.