• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Social Media So I finally made a Tik Tok

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Social media is exhausting sometimes:worried: We all work hard on are YouTube channels, from coming up with new video ideas, to editing them and making a thumbnail and also using the right title and tags the list goes on. I think in order to get a following you have to have all social media accounts..Facebook page,Twitter,Instagram and now Tik Tok and I'm probably forgetting a few:neutral: Do you think it's best to just stick with one platform and make other accounts once you have a decent following first... or make all the accounts for your one channel and just randomly start following people and praying them follow you back and watch your videos.. all kinda confusing :triumph: I recently just made a Tik Tok since that is trendy and seems like it's not going away anytime soon and it's crazy how some people have like 12.8 million followers and when I click on the instagram or youtube channel they added I notice they don't have the same numbers on those platforms..... I can see why people have social media managers lol How does one even get a social media manager and what do you guys think of Tik Tok? Have you had any success?

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Social media is lovely. I have my channel linked to facebook, linkedin, twitter, and my own personal wordpress page incase YouTube block me one day, gorwing my own website by the side is important. What I like about the above website is that I can cross post my YouTube content on them as I have differen audience. I have in mind what I intend to use each social media platform for.

Linkedin--- Business proposal and Product review audience. Most big businesses are on linkedin, once I have grown my channel to negotiate with them, I will start using this social media to reach out to professional class.

Facebook---- Building a community and bonding with fans. I do more of relationshio building on my facebook. They know me, we interact and have a banter. These are were my small foot soldiers are being built.

Twitter--- We all know what this is. I just send my video out there hoping that one will go viral one day.

Now for Tik Tok, I am still trying to find its value preposition cos all the video there are mostly comedy, challenges or meme. Maybe when I have a larger follower. Another thing is, I dont have time to do video specific for Tik Tok while the others I only use my YouTube video across them.

Just like Instagram, I am trying to udnerstand it more.

Reactions: Jeff Goober

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
for me I've made a tiktok, made one video... haven't done much else with it

Linkedin - started as a job hunting profile, evolved a little more once I started Beanie Draws, but I really haven't done much else with it because it reminds me too much of Facebook

Facebook - I didn't like the lack of engagement unless you paid to promote/push a post. If you had a fair number of followers, those people literally wouldn't see the post because facebook wouldn't share it out. Next to no engagement, so I saw it as pointless.

Instagram - I kinda love it, starting to hate it because it's now owned by Facebook. They're taking away the organic search factor, and messing up the timeline showing you posts from 12+ hours ago first, and new posts don't show up for hours later. At least people can search your tags, but it's the disjointed timeline I'm not a fan of. Plus you can't hold onto a zoom like you can with twitter.

Twitter - Has been fun until covid19 hit and then all the fear mongering/deniers came out of the woodworks shaming people and attacking people for their posts. The "trending" topics has ruined the fun for me. It's just depression, complaining and misery like facebook became years ago and it's throwing me off. It's still okay for a quick browse.

Pinterst is a fun time sink (great for artists of all sorts, fashion design, makeup, art, design, all kinds of things)

I'm also exploring more of reddit.

Looking forward to the next ACTUALLY GOOD social media. The problem I find, is a lot of the linkedin and entrepernours are messing up Twitter. And no offence because I know a lot of my friends have done this... but i HATE the "how can I help you?" and "what can I do for you today" post... it just reeks of artificial engagement boosting. I much prefer when people ask genuine questions... like "who here likes x" or "I'm an artist, show me your art" It's still a way of pushing engagement, but it feels genuine.

I went on a tanget :p I need to explore TikTok more :p

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Linkedin - started as a job hunting profile, evolved a little more once I started Beanie Draws, but I really haven't done much else with it because it reminds me too much of Facebook

Facebook - I didn't like the lack of engagement unless you paid to promote/push a post. If you had a fair number of followers, those people literally wouldn't see the post because facebook wouldn't share it out. Next to no engagement, so I saw it as pointless.

Instagram - I kinda love it, starting to hate it because it's now owned by Facebook. They're taking away the organic search factor, and messing up the timeline showing you posts from 12+ hours ago first, and new posts don't show up for hours later. At least people can search your tags, but it's the disjointed timeline I'm not a fan of. Plus you can't hold onto a zoom like you can with twitter.

Twitter - Has been fun until covid19 hit and then all the fear mongering/deniers came out of the woodworks shaming people and attacking people for their posts. The "trending" topics has ruined the fun for me. It's just depression, complaining and misery like facebook became years ago and it's throwing me off. It's still okay for a quick browse.

Pinterst is a fun time sink (great for artists of all sorts, fashion design, makeup, art, design, all kinds of things)

Looking forward to the next ACTUALLY GOOD social media. The problem I find, is a lot of the linkedin and entrepernours are messing up Twitter. And no offence because I know a lot of my friends have done this... but i HATE the "how can I help you?" and "what can I do for you today" post... it just reeks of artificial engagement boosting. I much prefer when people ask genuine questions... like "who here likes x" or "I'm an artist, show me your art" It's still a way of pushing engagement, but it feels genuine.

I made a Facebook page and only have 1 follower :( Is the only way to get followers to a facebook page is to pay to advertise it

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I made a Facebook page and only have 1 follower :( Is the only way to get followers to a facebook page is to pay to advertise it
Nope, I'd say the ways to get followers is to advertise the page (in a non spammy way) on other platforms, like you would if you were to promote your twitch and other social networks. The main differance is how people will actually see your posts and engage with them. Twitter basically shows everything to your followers (as long as they're online) but with facebook, finding the page is one thing, but having the posts show up on your feed in an organic way means you're more likely to see other promoted content before you see free organic content. It's been a few years since I've really used facebook so it may have changed since then.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Nope, I'd say the ways to get followers is to advertise the page (in a non spammy way) on other platforms, like you would if you were to promote your twitch and other social networks. The main differance is how people will actually see your posts and engage with them. Twitter basically shows everything to your followers (as long as they're online) but with facebook, finding the page is one thing, but having the posts show up on your feed in an organic way means you're more likely to see other promoted content before you see free organic content. It's been a few years since I've really used facebook so it may have changed since then.
Oh I think you are talking about facebook personal wall. The facebook page is different as it only shows your content. It normally a company name or your YouTube name. So i have a facebook personal page, a facebook group and a facebook page. The facebook page is a creator page like YouTube and they do monitize your videos like YouTube but u have to met a milestone too.

Yeap you are right, the facebook page is growth is linked to advert. What I have done is have an active facebook group whom I send an invite to my page. The group is easier to grow as many of the group members can post and be interactive. I do advert once in a while on the page because you need to meet the 10,000 followers to get unto the creator monitizetion program. Personally, most subcribers on my YouTube is from my page and group and since I dont do YouTube advert for my videos I dont mind spending for facebook ads for now until I hit the 10,000 for YouTube and Facebook.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Oh I think you are talking about facebook personal wall. The facebook page is different as it only shows your content. It normally a company name or your YouTube name. So i have a facebook personal page, a facebook group and a facebook page. The facebook page is a creator page like YouTube and they do monitize your videos like YouTube but u have to met a milestone too.

I was referring to facebook pages (I've had 2 previously) facebook pages turn up as "likes" for people's personal walls. so I'd "like" tubebuddy, which would like "liking" tubebuddy's facebook page.

The last time I used facebook pages, I would get "ads" or suggestions to pay to push the content out/promote the content. In other words, pay to promote your content to more of your followers, or facebook will suppress your reach. Last time I used facebook there was very little organi reach for business pages, even to your followers.

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
While I'm not very good at using all the social media options available I typically create accounts with my name World Composting. I also registered the domain.

I do this because when I first started I used the name Wormaculture as the brand and after a year or two of making videos someone took the domain name and started selling under the name. So I switched to World Composting and made sure to grab everything I could.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
While I'm not very good at using all the social media options available I typically create accounts with my name World Composting. I also registered the domain.

I do this because when I first started I used the name Wormaculture as the brand and after a year or two of making videos someone took the domain name and started selling under the name. So I switched to World Composting and made sure to grab everything I could.
That sucks that they snatched the domain... I tried a few years back making a website but all the domains I came up with were either taken or I would get lucky and find a good domain name but it was a few thousand dollars :worried:

Reactions: WorldComposting

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Social media is exhausting sometimes:worried: We all work hard on are YouTube channels, from coming up with new video ideas, to editing them and making a thumbnail and also using the right title and tags the list goes on. I think in order to get a following you have to have all social media accounts..Facebook page,Twitter,Instagram and now Tik Tok and I'm probably forgetting a few:neutral: Do you think it's best to just stick with one platform and make other accounts once you have a decent following first... or make all the accounts for your one channel and just randomly start following people and praying them follow you back and watch your videos.. all kinda confusing :triumph: I recently just made a Tik Tok since that is trendy and seems like it's not going away anytime soon and it's crazy how some people have like 12.8 million followers and when I click on the instagram or youtube channel they added I notice they don't have the same numbers on those platforms..... I can see why people have social media managers lol How does one even get a social media manager and what do you guys think of Tik Tok? Have you had any success?

The boomer in me lives, I'm Anti TikTok mostly because I just see SO many people get sucked into it, and spend so much time doing nothing but it. I've had more than one conversation where I've seen people on the other end and in person on the app. I don't need that kind of distraction haha

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The boomer in me lives, I'm Anti TikTok mostly because I just see SO many people get sucked into it, and spend so much time doing nothing but it. I've had more than one conversation where I've seen people on the other end and in person on the app. I don't need that kind of distraction haha
I hear ya.... But now that I have been on it for about 4 days now I can see why people like it.. I was on it for awhile the other night and never thought I would ever be saying this honestly.. it's addictive :confused: I'll admit it has a lot of cool photo and videos features that other phone apps don't have. Now all the stupid dances on the other hand are lame as hell lol It's a good way to promote a channel after you get followers on the app but most of the trends are cringe as hell and the only time I will ever do a dance trend is to do it wrong and make it funny somehow cause a lot of people take it so serious :laughing: I noticed it's more for everyone now... bunch of celebrities jumped on the tik tok train now

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I pretty much just watched it for a day while on the loo. It's a time sink. I don't mind the ones who do creative tiktoks. Do it the right way and it can be as lucritive as YouTube.

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've heard the same thing about TikTok being a time sink which is why I haven't installed it or allowed my kids to install it. I already have enough on my phone that takes away from actual conversation no reason to add one more thing but as I keep seeing it more and more in my daily life on shows and news articles it does make me wonder if I'm missing something.

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've heard the same thing about TikTok being a time sink which is why I haven't installed it or allowed my kids to install it. I already have enough on my phone that takes away from actual conversation no reason to add one more thing but as I keep seeing it more and more in my daily life on shows and news articles it does make me wonder if I'm missing something.
Not missing much just lame trends BUT I will say the video effects and pictures effects are cool for a free app.. a lot of cringe on the site lol pretty much have of the 15 year old's have like 10 million followers.... which blows my mind.. but i noticed when I go to that persons Instagram or YouTube they don't have the same amount followers as tik tok

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal

Beanie Draws,
Isn't Reddit strict? Also, what is Tanget? I have never heard of it.
Jessica

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Beanie Draws,
Isn't Reddit strict? Also, what is Tanget? I have never heard of it.
Jessica
It is, which is why I'm more just exploring it as a viewer and reader, rather than a contributor, just to see how it all works, and what they allow and don't allow. But with the right subreddits, and following the rules, it's fine.

I think I spelled tangent wrong sorry :p basically I went on a long rampling explination hehe.

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
No, I think it's not best to just stick with one platform and make other accounts
after having a decent following first. I will suggest making accounts on all social
media platforms and work on each of them from time to time.
I love watching videos on TikTok but I haven't any success so far on it.

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I haven't made a tiktok account just yet but am planning to. Seeing as how it seems to be a good way to market your channel and its content.