• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Would you click this thumbnail. My next video thumbnail please leave feedback

TheRoutineInstructor

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
20200517_000658.jpg

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
On one hand, it looks a little unprofessional because it looks like it's just a shot in a garage (normally I'd zoom in a lot closer to the balls and focus JUST on the pool table and less on the garage) but MAYBE the garage pool table will give the impression that pool can be played anywhere, not just by professionals. I'm also not sure about the font and colour of the font. I've used red before in the past, and in hindsight, while we might think red text gets more attention, I tend to think it looks a overdone.

What do the thumbnails of the TOP performing pool themed thumbnails look like?

OP
OP
TheRoutineInstructor

TheRoutineInstructor

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
On one hand, it looks a little unprofessional because it looks like it's just a shot in a garage (normally I'd zoom in a lot closer to the balls and focus JUST on the pool table and less on the garage) but MAYBE the garage pool table will give the impression that pool can be played anywhere, not just by professionals. I'm also not sure about the font and colour of the font. I've used red before in the past, and in hindsight, while we might think red text gets more attention, I tend to think it looks a overdone.

What do the thumbnails of the TOP performing pool themed thumbnails look like?
They are pretty plain thumbnails they do but they do their video's in clubs or have good pool room at home.
I agree looks little less professional but I only get a chance to do some videos at home most the time. But people really don't worry to much about it if content is good. I'm still on trial and error experimenting different ways to improve my channel. Thanks for the feedback

20200517_191957.jpg

This is how others do their thumbnails bit plain but as i said doing there's from club or nice pool room.

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I like these ones better as they tell you whatΓÇÖs the vids about which is in essence what the thumbnail should do. The red writing on thumbnail at the top I donΓÇÖt like it doesnΓÇÖt stand out too much. It doesnΓÇÖt tell you what the vids about either just lesson. The lesson can be written as title and not on thumbnail. I think IΓÇÖve found the short sharp and sweet thumbnails work better. Keep at it. IΓÇÖve changed mine 6 times lol

OP
OP
TheRoutineInstructor

TheRoutineInstructor

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
I like these ones better as they tell you whatΓÇÖs the vids about which is in essence what the thumbnail should do. The red writing on thumbnail at the top I donΓÇÖt like it doesnΓÇÖt stand out too much. It doesnΓÇÖt tell you what the vids about either just lesson. The lesson can be written as title and not on thumbnail. I think IΓÇÖve found the short sharp and sweet thumbnails work better. Keep at it. IΓÇÖve changed mine 6 times lol
Thanks for your feedback. Will try something different next video lol

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You could quite easily replicate a similar style to the last 3 of those examples you showed. Particularly take note of how they do their text and how they use shadow and gradients to make the text easier to read. And while they MIGHT be in clubs or nice pool rooms, you can't see that in the thumbnails, you just see the pool table surface and well placed text. That's all you need really.

How's your CTR with your current thumbnails?

OP
OP
TheRoutineInstructor

TheRoutineInstructor

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
You could quite easily replicate a similar style to the last 3 of those examples you showed. Particularly take note of how they do their text and how they use shadow and gradients to make the text easier to read. And while they MIGHT be in clubs or nice pool rooms, you can't see that in the thumbnails, you just see the pool table surface and well placed text. That's all you need really.

How's your CTR with your current thumbnails?
Impression click rate 6.9%
And thanks for suggestions

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws