• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Search Explorer keyword metrics changing drastically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judo Cruise Gaming

TubeBuddy Star
A couple weeks ago the search volume for a certain keyword was Excellent and the overall keyword rating was Excellent with a score of 76. Today the search volume is Poor and the overall rating is Good with a score of 47.

I started making videos based off keyword research I did with TubeBuddy. I was pretty bummed to find out the keywords I picked looked like awesome keywords at first, but now a couple weeks later they aren't as good. Any idea why this is? Does this happen a lot? Should I expect to see this in the future?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hmm. Ok. So is it normal or does it just happen once in 100 times? Just kind of a let down

That's how search, and trends work some things are time sensitive some are not, but again since I don't know what the score was before without seeing it, hard to know. You could reach out to support@tubebuddy.com and they can place you with a dev who might be able to help more, but that's the most we can do here. So thread closed, again sorry :(

Reactions: Judo Cruise Gaming

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
A couple weeks ago the search volume for a certain keyword was Excellent and the overall keyword rating was Excellent with a score of 76. Today the search volume is Poor and the overall rating is Good with a score of 47.

I started making videos based off keyword research I did with TubeBuddy. I was pretty bummed to find out the keywords I picked looked like awesome keywords at first, but now a couple weeks later they aren't as good. Any idea why this is? Does this happen a lot? Should I expect to see this in the future?

Keyword explorer gives you weighted, search is unweighted.

OP
OP
Judo Cruise Gaming

Judo Cruise Gaming

TubeBuddy Star
Thanks for the reply! Sorry I guess I wasn't specific enough in where I got the search data. It's coming from the Search Explorer. Check the screenshot below.

1588786141729.png

Two weeks ago, the Search Explorer said the search volume for this specific keyword was Excellent, and the overall unweighted score for this specific keyword was Excellent with a score of 76. Today the search volume is Poor and the overall rating is Good with a score of 47.

I was using the same Search Explorer tool both times, and was going off of Unweighted data both times.

Any idea why this could happen?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the reply! Sorry I guess I wasn't specific enough in where I got the search data. It's coming from the Search Explorer. Check the screenshot below.

View attachment 5259

Two weeks ago, the Search Explorer said the search volume for this specific keyword was Excellent, and the overall unweighted score for this specific keyword was Excellent with a score of 76. Today the search volume is Poor and the overall rating is Good with a score of 47.

I was using the same Search Explorer tool both times, and was going off of Unweighted data both times.

Any idea why this could happen?

Two weeks ago was a different month :X Search trends can change, and information can change without seeing the other score, it's a bit harder, but that's all I can see from a surface level :X

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hmm. Ok. So is it normal or does it just happen once in 100 times? Just kind of a let down

That's how search, and trends work some things are time sensitive some are not, but again since I don't know what the score was before without seeing it, hard to know. You could reach out to support@tubebuddy.com and they can place you with a dev who might be able to help more, but that's the most we can do here. So thread closed, again sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.