• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Intentionally editing intros/outros out of a video later in the year.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This kind of relates to my recent video, but it's also something I've been wondering for a while in general.
Say a trending topic is happening... such as self isolation, and your video isn't actually related to self isolation, but you want to record a little introduction.
Do you think it's wise? or poor form? to attatch an introduction for the community side of things, and then when things blow over, editing out the start of the intro, so the video starts as originally planned next year or so.
This also applies to the end of the video as well, say you want to talk about a competition or something at the end, and you then edit out the end later in time so it's not irrelevant fluff.
Curious on your thaughts or if you've indeed done this yourself.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Funny you should mention that... I don't like this idea, I feel it takes away from the 'evergreen' capabilities of a video. That having been said I am posting a video this morning where I do exactly that. I feel it is a little ode to the audience at the cost of a video's long-term performance, which sucks. But for the sake of the audience I'm willing to take that hit.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
This kind of relates to my recent video, but it's also something I've been wondering for a while in general.
Say a trending topic is happening... such as self isolation, and your video isn't actually related to self isolation, but you want to record a little introduction.
Do you think it's wise? or poor form? to attatch an introduction for the community side of things, and then when things blow over, editing out the start of the intro, so the video starts as originally planned next year or so.
This also applies to the end of the video as well, say you want to talk about a competition or something at the end, and you then edit out the end later in time so it's not irrelevant fluff.
Curious on your thaughts or if you've indeed done this yourself.

I'm handling this through the pinned comment and through the description. I think it's important for the evergreen to not draw attention to it. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Reactions: Beanie Draws