• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered using 'excellent' tags but not getting any organic views

Status
Not open for further replies.

McCloud94

TubeBuddy Pro
Is there any 'threshold' on how many of the greens tags I need to use for the videos to get a good boost of organic views coming from search?

Recently I nailed down the title and description based on an excellent tag (99/100 score) and had 3-4 excellent tags included, but the videos are not performing any better than usually.
Almost no organic views.

On top of this, is there a way I can somehow get the videos to be featured / trending?

My growth has been almost at 0 for the past weeks.

Reactions: PhatBeetz

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
that's a good point Andrew!

Here are the statistics and the video itself.

I posted it on my Instagram and expected quite many views from there.. but even if that happened, they'd land straight on the video, which would count as a view right away.

200 impressions is pretty good for me, there must be only two conclusions:
1) People not in my target audience - although the title, description and tags are very specifc to my target audience of videographers.
2) Thumbnail sucks.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8eBlsrDneA

View attachment 4659

What do you think?

The thumbnail IMO needs work. Think of something that would entice beginners, which is what this target is. How to EASILY become a video editor for example? How to learn the skills QUICKLY think of what a beginner need (I do recognize the video is 25 minutes so maybe not this suggestion haha!). Also think if someone never saw you, what does your emotion convey in the thumbnail?

This data is showing me that YT is feeling out the video, and has an idea, and also the bigger problem is a lack of consistency between your title description and tags for search. The SEO isn't great, it's above average, but could be improved.

You wrote:

"Hey filmmakers! Not having any video shoots and cancelled projects suck, right?

That's why I prepared this special video, explaining the mindset you need to have to get hired as an editor, "

YouTube's looking at the first 200 characters and you didn't naturally re-state the title in your description. When I look at the tags you rank, but only when they match the title. The overall consistency of title, description, and tags could be much improved.

This is what I see, so I'd fix the descriptions first 200 and focus the tags more around the title. Because when you research a keyword, that's what the video is about. The Keyword of FOCUS for the content :)

White Bread

TubeBuddy Pro
Hi there!
I am experiencing something similar to what you have described. I don't have a definite answer to your inquiry, but I was wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that the tags themselves are either: 1) have low popularity and are not searchable very often; or 2) are popular, but have very high competition and some of the smaller channels can't compete with the volume of competition.. perhaps there is something else I am missing.
It would be great to get more information about this topic on the thread.

Concerning the "threshold" I just max it out...but, perhaps I am wrong... 3-4 tags sound like it may be not enough.. however, I can only say for myself.
also, I would consider, how specific you are towards your niche in your tags..maybe you are using excellent tags, but just need to include something more specific that describes your channel and makes it stand out... (if that makes any sense)

I hope some of this helps!

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I think it's a matter of popularity (how much that topic is searched) and competition. It's hard to rank against bigger channels with similar tags. My strategy is to make sure I have a few tags in the beginning that match the first line my of description and my title to increase SEO.

Reactions: McCloud94

PartyOf4PR

Also consider that while thereΓÇÖs a lot of people working from home due to the global health concerns, people are probably not looking for ΓÇ£your contentΓÇ¥. My videos performance have declined in the last week or so.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Is there any 'threshold' on how many of the greens tags I need to use for the videos to get a good boost of organic views coming from search?

Recently I nailed down the title and description based on an excellent tag (99/100 score) and had 3-4 excellent tags included, but the videos are not performing any better than usually.
Almost no organic views.

On top of this, is there a way I can somehow get the videos to be featured / trending?

My growth has been almost at 0 for the past weeks.

What are your impressions? What could be happening is you might be showing up, but it has a low click through rate.

There is no set number of green tags. Also are you using incognito or for you results? This can help us figure this out. Thanks!

Reactions: McCloud94
OP
OP
McCloud94

McCloud94

TubeBuddy Pro
What are your impressions? What could be happening is you might be showing up, but it has a low click through rate.

There is no set number of green tags. Also are you using incognito or for you results? This can help us figure this out. Thanks!

I posted it on my Instagram and expected quite many views from there.. but even if that happened, they'd land straight on the video, which would count as a view right away.

1) People not in my target audience - although the title, description and tags are very specifc to my target audience of videographers.
2) Thumbnail sucks.

1584992060168.png

What do you think?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

2) Thumbnail sucks.

View attachment 4659

What do you think?

The thumbnail IMO needs work. Think of something that would entice beginners, which is what this target is. How to EASILY become a video editor for example? How to learn the skills QUICKLY think of what a beginner need (I do recognize the video is 25 minutes so maybe not this suggestion haha!). Also think if someone never saw you, what does your emotion convey in the thumbnail?

This data is showing me that YT is feeling out the video, and has an idea, and also the bigger problem is a lack of consistency between your title description and tags for search. The SEO isn't great, it's above average, but could be improved.

You wrote:

"Hey filmmakers! Not having any video shoots and cancelled projects suck, right?

That's why I prepared this special video, explaining the mindset you need to have to get hired as an editor, "

YouTube's looking at the first 200 characters and you didn't naturally re-state the title in your description. When I look at the tags you rank, but only when they match the title. The overall consistency of title, description, and tags could be much improved.

This is what I see, so I'd fix the descriptions first 200 and focus the tags more around the title. Because when you research a keyword, that's what the video is about. The Keyword of FOCUS for the content :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So much data in this particular thread, and so many of these threads, but before reading Andrew's response (he's da man and knows his stuff!) I would say that while tags to make you searchable are one thing... That only helps you be found. It won't help you get clicked necessarily, and thumbnails are KEY to that. i could find the most seo optimised video, but if the title and thumb aren't catching my interest... and... I'm afraid to say, if the thumbnail looks "noob"ish or amature, I'm going to assume the content is as well, and find a video with a more "professional" presentation in the thumb, because I assosiate clear, well designed thumbnails to be a sign of clear, well designed videos.

You can type a keyword phrase into youtube, and get maybe 10-20 results show up on your screen depending on the size of your device. Which one video are you going to click? Out of each search you rank for... you have 1/5-10 chances of being clicked, so your visual presentation is super important.

but of course, even the best designed thumbnails aren't even going to be seen if your keywords and search aren't optimised. So they do go hand in hand in my opinion.

Know how to be found (all the data you'll find here will help you) then make sure your thumbnail catches the attention! THAT'S how you'll get even more results I think :)

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal

You wrote:

Me taking notes right now. :)

OP
OP
McCloud94

McCloud94

TubeBuddy Pro
perfect, thank you for the tips!

I changed the thumbnail and edited the beginning of the description.
The CTR grew a bit, but nothing special (screenshot from before I made the changes)

1585153664697.png

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
perfect, thank you for the tips!

I changed the thumbnail and edited the beginning of the description.
The CTR grew a bit, but nothing special (screenshot from before I made the changes)

View attachment 4677

Search takes time. Also with people being home they may not be looking this topic, they might be looking up other things. It's weird times. Search still works, but have to be conscience of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.