• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review What do you think of my mini golf (for money) video? Trying for funny golf related videos.

NeonCityGolf

TubeBuddy User
www.neoncitygolf.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: NeonCityGolf
Title of thread: What do you think of my mini golf (for money) video? Trying for funny golf related videos.
Self review: I think my videos have been getting better and I am the most proud and confident of this one. IΓÇÖm hoping people from all walks of life can share their opinion on it. Would a non golf fan watch it?
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/BtTGf3lJSTk

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/25825/post-70928

Reactions: DemetreHicks

DemetreHicks

Check out my recent upload https://bit.ly/2IzzqKK
TubeBuddy Pro
www.twitch.tv
Subscriber Goal
it's kinda hard to hear you guys and also i would have cut the intro part right before you see if it was a hole in one!
i think it is a interesting video i might do it some time and would detail give you credit
and i like you commentary over they putts

Reactions: BraveStar

Dvyne

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think for the type of content you're going for abit more editing to add to the comedic value of the video would have been helpful. Not saying its a must but stuff like a screen shake or something just to add a little bit of excitement etc.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @NeonCityGolf ,

First, you guys got a good thing going there. Comedy is an excellent genre and you guys definitely got the sense of humor for it. Now, to the cons.

The most important thing I can recommend, considering you guys have the cash to do this based on this video, is to get a good mic. Audio is probably the most important part of any video. Trust me. You can go check out Nick and Dee Nimmin, Daniel Batal and Brian G Johnson videos and you'll find one video that will explain why. Taking into account your videos are outside you will definitely need a mic that has directional options for better control of where the audio comes from, good noise cancelation and a windscreen cover to keep that wind noiseout of your videos.

I also second a previous comment about more editing to add to the comedy. Most special effects, sound effects and things like that. Of course don't over do it. Also syncing the sounds to the effects properly helps give a more professional feel. I noticed a couple of times when the caching soing didnt match the -$20 animation. Minor details but ones that can affect ppls opinions about your videos.

The last thing is the music. Nothing wrong with musica intros and music in between scenes. But if the music is too loud it can be annoying. Also you should consider lowering the music before you start talking after the intro. Make the music slowly fade before talking. Gives a great effect.

Oh and one more thing. Like another comment above you should definitely consider doing "what will happen next" like editing in the beginning. Cutting the opening shot to just before it reaches the hole creates a mystery/curiosity effect in views that makes them wanna watch and see what happens in the video.

Hope this info help. It's not meant to be insulting or overly critical. Just giving my 2 cents in the hopes it can help you improve your videos. Thanks for allowing me the chance to give you my opinion.

Reactions: NeonCityGolf
OP
OP
NeonCityGolf

NeonCityGolf

TubeBuddy User
www.neoncitygolf.com
Subscriber Goal
I think for the type of content you're going for abit more editing to add to the comedic value of the video would have been helpful. Not saying its a must but stuff like a screen shake or something just to add a little bit of excitement etc.
Thank you for the feedback! Still getting my editing down. IΓÇÖll consider this for sure!

OP
OP
NeonCityGolf

NeonCityGolf

TubeBuddy User
www.neoncitygolf.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello @NeonCityGolf ,

First, you guys got a good thing going there. Comedy is an excellent genre and you guys definitely got the sense of humor for it. Now, to the cons.

The most important thing I can recommend, considering you guys have the cash to do this based on this video, is to get a good mic. Audio is probably the most important part of any video. Trust me. You can go check out Nick and Dee Nimmin, Daniel Batal and Brian G Johnson videos and you'll find one video that will explain why. Taking into account your videos are outside you will definitely need a mic that has directional options for better control of where the audio comes from, good noise cancelation and a windscreen cover to keep that wind noiseout of your videos.

I also second a previous comment about more editing to add to the comedy. Most special effects, sound effects and things like that. Of course don't over do it. Also syncing the sounds to the effects properly helps give a more professional feel. I noticed a couple of times when the caching soing didnt match the -$20 animation. Minor details but ones that can affect ppls opinions about your videos.

The last thing is the music. Nothing wrong with musica intros and music in between scenes. But if the music is too loud it can be annoying. Also you should consider lowering the music before you start talking after the intro. Make the music slowly fade before talking. Gives a great effect.

Oh and one more thing. Like another comment above you should definitely consider doing "what will happen next" like editing in the beginning. Cutting the opening shot to just before it reaches the hole creates a mystery/curiosity effect in views that makes them wanna watch and see what happens in the video.

Hope this info help. It's not meant to be insulting or overly critical. Just giving my 2 cents in the hopes it can help you improve your videos. Thanks for allowing me the chance to give you my opinion.
Thanks for the reply! All these points are valid and IΓÇÖm working on getting better at the editing. We definitely need the mic for sure and IΓÇÖm learning more about the sound and special effects additions/edits as well. Thanks a lot and constructive criticism is always fine by me!