• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gaming Channel New to youtube and looking for ways to get better

Virgocity

Subscriber Goal
User name: Virgocity
Title of introduction: New to youtube and looking for ways to get better
Your name/ Alias: Chris Virgo - my gaming name is Virgocity
Where are you from? Rochester, NY (not the city)
How did you find TubeBuddy? Through many searches and videos of how to grow a channel, this kept coming up.
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I joined the forums to find tips and tricks to help me make better more engaging videos. Being brand new to this, I am always looking for ways to improve the quality and new techniques to try different things in my videos and also I love sharing the things that I have learned with others.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: My goals are just to make some quality videos. I've always loved video editing and graphic design and almost went into it as a profession. This is a way to use that creativeness. If I can get it to a quality level that people will keep coming back for then all the better. But at the end of the day, I want to be able to watch the video and be happy with what I've done.
How frequently do you upload? 2-3 times a week so far. Usually early evenings in New York. Been trying with different times but it doesnt seem to matter too much.
What are your hobbies? Well, my main hobby would be my business. I own a food truck (Meat The Press) and that keeps me super busy during the summer. But I find myself with all the time in the world in the winter, giving me a chance to learn about the video making process. Other than that, I'm a big board gamer and our group of 7 meets once a week for an epic game night. I hit up live music whenever I can, always making it to at least a few Phish shows a year. And I love to cook, to the point where I was trying to train myself so I could audition for Master Chef.
What is your biggest dream? My Biggest dream... Have the food truck continue to grow to the point where I could have an empire, and launch that into storefronts and a franchise, then retire to the west coast and follow Phish and golf.
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCacnsl7CDAONIpJPbntdAaw

Retro Reels

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Welcome to the forum Chris, you will find plenty of people here to help you.
You have chosen an extremely popular subject for your videos, however due to this, you have to be at the top of your game to make sure you win that click.
I do Movie reviews and documentaries, which is also hugely popular, but I have done my absolute best to make sure that my thumbnails aren't as generic as the others and that the videos tags push me up the list as far as possible.
I have just watched your latest video and the presentation, and narration are very good. So you have it in that department, but most of the battle will lie in your thumbs and tags.
You could have the best video in the world, the real battle is doing everything in your power to try to win that click on the search results page and suggested videos.

OP
OP
Virgocity

Virgocity

Subscriber Goal
Thank you for the feedback on the video. Much appreciated. I do understand that I have picked one of the most uploaded games on youtube. In just a little bit of looking, I'm having a hard time finding any keywords dealing with Minecraft that aren't totally saturated. I am finding a few that are at least out of the red, and I'll try using those tags in the future. #Minecraft isn't going to win me any searches that's for sure.

Retro Reels

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for the feedback on the video. Much appreciated. I do understand that I have picked one of the most uploaded games on youtube. In just a little bit of looking, I'm having a hard time finding any keywords dealing with Minecraft that aren't totally saturated. I am finding a few that are at least out of the red, and I'll try using those tags in the future. #Minecraft isn't going to win me any searches that's for sure.
It is going to be hard, but try to combine them with what your video is about and try to improve them. For instance instead of using "minecraft furniture" experiment with stuff like "best minecraft furniture", easy minecraft furniture" etc.

OP
OP
Virgocity

Virgocity

Subscriber Goal
so i managed to find some slightly better keywords I think. This is the first time I've seen any results come up on these stats.
stats.png

Still a ways to go but I'm seeing a tiny ray of light!

Reactions: Retro Reels

Retro Reels

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
so i managed to find some slightly better keywords I think. This is the first time I've seen any results come up on these stats. View attachment 4235
Still a ways to go but I'm seeing a tiny ray of light!
Have a look at the actual keywords in your edit menu - if they are scoring you will have a green box with a number in it - number 1 means its the first video people will see when searching for that term and so on. This is very handy, but still relies on people actually using that term to begin with, and then also whether they choose to click on the video based on your thumb and title etc.