• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice is there any good time for the Live Session in Youtube.

Calif Coder

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Does youtube alogrithms is based on the time of the live event starts?
I am thinking to start a live series for education videos. Thinking what time to start on a daily basis.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Does youtube alogrithms is based on the time of the live event starts?
I am thinking to start a live series for education videos. Thinking what time to start on a daily basis.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.

For live streams/ events your best bet is to make sure you tell you audience and let them know when you want to go live. You can look at your analytics in the last 48 hours and see when you get the most natural upticks, that's the best place to look for things like that :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If youΓÇÖre American, I personally think night time is the best. You get the evening american audiences who are out of school and finished work, maybe even finished dinner. And you get The Australian side of the world where itΓÇÖs our morning.

go into your audience analytics, see what your top 3 geographical location demographics are, and work out a time that fits either the morning, or evening for all 3 countries. No one will be watching if theyΓÇÖr asleep

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So what are you trying to do for your channel going live? :)
To be fair, this would be a good time for them to stream, and at this point it wouldnΓÇÖt matter when they stream. Having NO audience is great for practicing. Going live when thereΓÇÖs no audience means you donΓÇÖt get the anxiety of having mistakes, but you also donΓÇÖt fall on being reliant on editing or scripts.

i totally forgot, but some of my first ever videos were actually live-streams. I had no audience, I had no subscribers, I knew no one was watching, so I simply used the live feature as a method of recording.

at the early stages you can do the same thing to practice and prepare for the future of live streaming.

OP
OP
Calif Coder

Calif Coder

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
To be fair, this would be a good time for them to stream, and at this point it wouldnΓÇÖt matter when they stream. Having NO audience is great for practicing. Going live when thereΓÇÖs no audience means you donΓÇÖt get the anxiety of having mistakes, but you also donΓÇÖt fall on being reliant on editing or scripts.

i totally forgot, but some of my first ever videos were actually live-streams. I had no audience, I had no subscribers, I knew no one was watching, so I simply used the live feature as a method of recording.

at the early stages you can do the same thing to practice and prepare for the future of live streaming.
Thanks Beanie, that is good advice so that i can actually stream to practicing.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Yes and no, this can cause confusion early on if there is no focus to it, from an audience standpoint. However seems our OP:

I am planning to do a live Tutorial for JAVA programming Language.

Has a plan! I just want to make sure it's relevant to the channel!

Practicing the wrong way, is just as bad as not practicing at all :)

OP
OP
Calif Coder

Calif Coder

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Yes and no, this can cause confusion early on if there is no focus to it, from an audience standpoint. However seems our OP:

Has a plan! I just want to make sure it's relevant to the channel!

Does making these kind of live stream with no audiance will affect my channel ?
Also , is there any way that how many people set reminder on for the upcoming live session that post already my channel.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Does making these kind of live stream with no audiance will affect my channel ?
Also , is there any way that how many people set reminder on for the upcoming live session that post already my channel.

It can, but at your size the effect is EXTREMELY minimal :)

You can schedule a stream, and then your audience can set reminder! HOwever, there are no reminders once the stream is done. if you don't want the stream to effect your channel, you can unlist it after you go live :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This right here is why I don't always subscribe to the "quantity over quality" philosophy. Not the point of THIS discussion, but just wanted to quickly point that out :) (might start another discussion on this elsewhere at some point) :)

OP
OP
Calif Coder

Calif Coder

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This right here is why I don't always subscribe to the "quantity over quality" philosophy. Not the point of THIS discussion, but just wanted to quickly point that out :) (might start another discussion on this elsewhere at some point) :)

So Does Live Watch Hours Count toward the Total Watch hours ( 4000 watch hours for monetization), even if we delete the video after the Live is completed.?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So Does Live Watch Hours Count toward the Total Watch hours ( 4000 watch hours for monetization), even if we delete the video after the Live is completed.?
If you delete the live, or any video for that matter you also lose the watch time. I believe even setting a video private eliminates the watch time, or at least from public view, privating videos may effect total watch time hours I believe.

Reactions: Calif Coder
OP
OP
Calif Coder

Calif Coder

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
If you delete the live, or any video for that matter you also lose the watch time. I believe even setting a video private eliminates the watch time, or at least from public view, privating videos may effect total watch time hours I believe.
Thanks Beanies for Clarifying my questions.