• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Feedback on my latest Bad Ramblings Thumbnail

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey! I usually don't ask for thumbnails feedback but I also haven't posted anything in months (*coughs) so why not?

This is for my series called Bad Ramblings, and I have all of my videos color-coded depending on whether it's a manga (orange), anime (teal), or VN (purple).

looking up to magical girls.png

I usually put the title underneath me, but sometimes I don't if the cover is real obvious. This is the format for my BAs thumbnails. Me on the right, manga on the left, and maybe some text lol.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Not too bad, but the book in it's current state looks like it could also be a tv series cover, I'd tilt the cover slightly to the right, see if you can't modify it to look more like a book (see if you can photoshop/edit in some pages under it)

I also think "en enjoyable read" is a bit tame.

I'd try "AWESOME" or "READ IT!" with a red arrow (gotta love those clickbait elements) pointing to the book, and I think that could help improve it a little further, but overall not bad :)

OP
OP
Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I also think "en enjoyable read" is a bit tame.

I'd try "AWESOME" or "READ IT!" with a red arrow (gotta love those clickbait elements) pointing to the book, and I think that could help improve it a little further, but overall not bad :)
I thought about putting those BIG WOW WORDS, but consider the topic of the manga... I'd rather not haha. I thought about putting in "I love it" but... again, I'd rather not after all that I've said in the video xD I gotta save SOME SORT of face. I get what you mean though, it's tame. At the same time, idk. It was an enjoyable read and that's the word I often use a lot in my BAs :thinking:

(Actually, at this point, I don't even have any sort of face to save. Eh whatever, I got 3 words that will intrigue anybody lol)

Not too bad, but the book in it's current state looks like it could also be a tv series cover, I'd tilt the cover slightly to the right, see if you can't modify it to look more like a book (see if you can photoshop/edit in some pages under it)
Never really thought about it that way, since I can see it clearly as a manga cover and not an anime poster. Consider that anime posters tend to shove in all the important characters into one picture, and manga covers are more "personal" so it'd only show the important character of the volume.

Anyways, did a retouch on it. Lol, I actually like how the manga pages in the back turned out.

1577566280125.png

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I thought about putting those BIG WOW WORDS, but consider the topic of the manga... I'd rather not haha. I thought about putting in "I love it" but... again, I'd rather not after all that I've said in the video xD I gotta save SOME SORT of face. I get what you mean though, it's tame. At the same time, idk. It was an enjoyable read and that's the word I often use a lot in my BAs :thinking:

(Actually, at this point, I don't even have any sort of face to save. Eh whatever, I got 3 words that will intrigue anybody lol)

Never really thought about it that way, since I can see it clearly as a manga cover and not an anime poster. Consider that anime posters tend to shove in all the important characters into one picture, and manga covers are more "personal" so it'd only show the important character of the volume.

Anyways, did a retouch on it. Lol, I actually like how the manga pages in the back turned out.

View attachment 3937
LOL that title made me laugh out loud literally :p though I wonder if Google Cloud would scan the "BDSM" part and restrict the thumbnail because google cloud CAN read text on thumbnails. I love it, but i'm not sure if YouTube and Google Cloud would find the same humore :p

The "safer" option would be "Manga review" but I love it out it is :p especially that emoji hahaha! wonder what @Andrew thoughts on this would be, especially with the google cloud scanning the text on the thumbnail and auto age restricting it (though maybe it already is an age restricted review?)

OP
OP
Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
LOL that title made me laugh out loud literally :p though I wonder if Google Cloud would scan the "BDSM" part and restrict the thumbnail because google cloud CAN read text on thumbnails. I love it, but i'm not sure if YouTube and Google Cloud would find the same humore :p

The "safer" option would be "Manga review" but I love it out it is :p especially that emoji hahaha! wonder what @Andrew thoughts on this would be, especially with the google cloud scanning the text on the thumbnail and auto age restricting it (though maybe it already is an age restricted review?)
Funny enough, my BAs videos don't get age-restricted haha. Maybe they'll get hit with the yellow icon, but other than that, nothing.