• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Using Smoke Bombs for PHOTOSHOOT | SMOKE PHOTOGRAPHY

Junior and Patricia

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
User name: Junior and Patricia
Title of thread: Using Smoke Bombs for PHOTOSHOOT | SMOKE PHOTOGRAPHY
Self review: I believe my videos are getting better as I make more and adventure into different topics. Narrating needs to definitely improve to make the video more smooth what do you think?
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/4Rz8_lgoNGY

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/24307/

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
How's it going @Junior and Patricia,

I have a few thoughts I'd like to share but before I do let me say this first. What I'm about to say is simply my opinion. It's in no way intended to be an insult in any way. My goal is to provide constructive criticism that could potentially help improve your video if you're interested in taking it. It's just my thoughts. Good or not, they are not meant to say you are wrong in any way, it's only based on my taste in videos. With that said...

Let me start by saying those locations you found were amazing. Reminds me a little of the few times I went to New York to visit family when I was little and lived in Jersey almost 40 years ago. I saw a lot of nice portraits like that. It also reminds me of one of my favorite movies Beat Street. Your footage recordings were really good. Perhaps could use a bit more stabilization in the movements but it's still really good. I don't know well how autofocus works devices when recording but I did notice your camera focus a lot when moving so am not sure how to correct that but I would definitely recommend looking into figuring out how to reduce the autofocus activation as that will make great footage even more amazing.

The pictures you took during the filming were mindblowing. Well done. I would suggest showing the picture in the video a tab bit longer to be able to get a good look at the pics without pausing. I would also suggest including links to the images, with watermarks to avoid them being copied and stolen, so the viewers can get a better look at the pictures. Include text in the video pointing to the description section to see samples of the pictures through the link.

This one thing I'm gonna point out is more of a thing I like and not necessarily something you have to do but I personally like starting my videos with a fade in from black and also fading in the audio. Kinda gives the video a smoother start rather than an abrupt start.

Other than that the video was fantastic. That art in the background was awesome. And you guys definitely got a talent for making this kind of video. Great editing in my opinion and awesome personalities. Great job.

Reactions: Junior and Patricia
OP
OP
Junior and Patricia

Junior and Patricia

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
How's it going @Junior and Patricia,

I have a few thoughts I'd like to share but before I do let me say this first. What I'm about to say is simply my opinion. It's in no way intended to be an insult in any way. My goal is to provide constructive criticism that could potentially help improve your video if you're interested in taking it. It's just my thoughts. Good or not, they are not meant to say you are wrong in any way, it's only based on my taste in videos. With that said...

Let me start by saying those locations you found were amazing. Reminds me a little of the few times I went to New York to visit family when I was little and lived in Jersey almost 40 years ago. I saw a lot of nice portraits like that. It also reminds me of one of my favorite movies Beat Street. Your footage recordings were really good. Perhaps could use a bit more stabilization in the movements but it's still really good. I don't know well how autofocus works devices when recording but I did notice your camera focus a lot when moving so am not sure how to correct that but I would definitely recommend looking into figuring out how to reduce the autofocus activation as that will make great footage even more amazing.

The pictures you took during the filming were mindblowing. Well done. I would suggest showing the picture in the video a tab bit longer to be able to get a good look at the pics without pausing. I would also suggest including links to the images, with watermarks to avoid them being copied and stolen, so the viewers can get a better look at the pictures. Include text in the video pointing to the description section to see samples of the pictures through the link.

This one thing I'm gonna point out is more of a thing I like and not necessarily something you have to do but I personally like starting my videos with a fade in from black and also fading in the audio. Kinda gives the video a smoother start rather than an abrupt start.

Other than that the video was fantastic. That art in the background was awesome. And you guys definitely got a talent for making this kind of video. Great editing in my opinion and awesome personalities. Great job.

Yeah I just updated the firmware on the GH5 the autofocus seemed to be improved but we all know that camera has a bad rep for autofocus. I was thinking of switching to sony but there lens selection is crazy expensive which dont make sense to me.. I thank you for your input and giving me a detailed feedback that I can use moving forward.. and probably next video I can show the pictures longer on the outro summary of the day to make it more meaningful and give my audience a better detailed look. Thanks..

Reactions: BraveStar

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I just updated the firmware on the GH5 the autofocus seemed to be improved but we all know that camera has a bad rep for autofocus. I was thinking of switching to sony but there lens selection is crazy expensive which dont make sense to me.. I thank you for your input and giving me a detailed feedback that I can use moving forward.. and probably next video I can show the pictures longer on the outro summary of the day to make it more meaningful and give my audience a better detailed look. Thanks..

Good to know about the camera. I will eventually upgrade next year for something better for my videos, will make sure to look at the autofocus feature to make sure I can find one that I can avoid that issue. Thank you.

Reactions: Junior and Patricia
OP
OP
Junior and Patricia

Junior and Patricia

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Good to know about the camera. I will eventually upgrade next year for something better for my videos, will make sure to look at the autofocus feature to make sure I can find one that I can avoid that issue. Thank you.

Sony's APS-C and Full Frame camera's is known for having the best autofocus in the game right now

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I liked how you started the video. I can see what you were trying to do with the camera into the shirt thing, but I think that gets so done now you don't need to transition that way, you can clean cut to the next part.

It's rare that I see a video for review that I'm 100% interested in, but this is one of them :)

I don't mind how you did the photo reveal, but I think you could have easily have had the photo showing on the side WHILE reacting to it. It would have given the reaction a little more context, but again I don't mind how you did it.

Not sure how YouTube is treading the "bomb" word in the algorithm, I mean, you wouldn't have monetisation to begin with, but I wonder if the word "bomb" is somehow suppressing your potential reach? @Andrew maybe you can clear up my worries about that. I had a video "trex vs indominus rex battle" and that got demonetised initially because of the word VS and Battle (YouTube are very iffy about words that can be mislabeled as war related) there should be enough context but I just worry the word "bomb" could be an issue.

Also, not sure if you disabled the like and dislike report (this could be another hint that YouTube maybe suppressing the "bomb" part?)

I really liked it! I think you should do another video that's just a music video style, because after seeing the photos, I'd love to see some of the slow motion movement in the photos, so I'm craving some art video on this one, but I like what you've done here :)