• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Are you compelled by my banner?

LisaMBM

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 3.04.12 PM.png

Is this headline too brief?
Does this compel you to learn more?
Other?

TIA!

Reactions: Training Center

Senior Notions

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I like your colors and great picture, too, friendly and welcoming.

I'm no expert in banners or CX, and just learning myself, so having said that, here is my take.

For me the word "Extraordinary" seems vague. Maybe something more focused like "Effective" or "Powerful"? There may be more precise words to better describe your particular niche. These are just a couple that come to mind.

Also, "Learn to Design" I might make more integral, since I think that is what your channel is about. It's kind of light and small compared to the rest.

I'm definitely compelled to learn more.

Reactions: LisaMBM

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
View attachment 3499

Is this headline too brief?
Does this compel you to learn more?
Other?

TIA!

I think it looks good! However, it should tell me When you post! Weekly, daily, monthly, etc. Who is going to be posting? Why should I subscribe to you, and I don't necessarily agree with linking off YT that much, DUE to it hurts your channel somewhat. Not much, but are you trying to grow your website or you channel?

I think your banner looks GREAT, but that's my feedback :D

OP
OP
LisaMBM

LisaMBM

I like your colors and great picture, too, friendly and welcoming.

I'm no expert in banners or CX, and just learning myself, so having said that, here is my take.

For me the word "Extraordinary" seems vague. Maybe something more focused like "Effective" or "Powerful"? There may be more precise words to better describe your particular niche. These are just a couple that come to mind.

Also, "Learn to Design" I might make more integral, since I think that is what your channel is about. It's kind of light and small compared to the rest.

I'm definitely compelled to learn more.
Thanks so much! I appreciate the feedback. I, too, have my doubts about extraordinary. I like where you're going with effective and powerful -although effective seems like its becoming clitche.

OP
OP
LisaMBM

LisaMBM

I think it looks good! However, it should tell me When you post! Weekly, daily, monthly, etc. Who is going to be posting? Why should I subscribe to you, and I don't necessarily agree with linking off YT that much, DUE to it hurts your channel somewhat. Not much, but are you trying to grow your website or you channel?

I think your banner looks GREAT, but that's my feedback :D
Hey Andrew, thanks for the feedback. I agree with promoting the post schedule - I'm still working on the regularity of my posts. Once I get that nailed down, I'll define and showcase it.

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think it looks aesthetically brilliant. The problem is I donΓÇÖt really know what youΓÇÖre about. Learn to design? So does that mean youΓÇÖre a designer of user interfaces?
Learn to design extraordinary customer experiences... again, is this user interface designs? Or is the customer experiences about customer service or maybe marketing? I donΓÇÖt really know what itΓÇÖs about.

If you can make your message clearer, and what we can expect, in that style, will do wonders! ItΓÇÖs a great start :)

Senior Notions

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Thanks so much! I appreciate the feedback. I, too, have my doubts about extraordinary. I like where you're going with effective and powerful -although effective seems like its becoming clitche.

I understand your reluctance to effective or powerful.:) Like Beanie said knowing your content direction maybe it will be more clear and can narrow down. Also you can add info to your usp, like Andrew said, which would allow for a shorter 'headline' (to grab attention).

OP
OP
LisaMBM

LisaMBM

I think it looks aesthetically brilliant. The problem is I donΓÇÖt really know what youΓÇÖre about. Learn to design? So does that mean youΓÇÖre a designer of user interfaces?
Learn to design extraordinary customer experiences... again, is this user interface designs? Or is the customer experiences about customer service or maybe marketing? I donΓÇÖt really know what itΓÇÖs about.

If you can make your message clearer, and what we can expect, in that style, will do wonders! ItΓÇÖs a great start :)
Thanks! All great questions. Because I have experience in many areas of customer experience (including UI/UX) customer service (sales-before, during, after purchase), and marketing, it boils down to a wholistic, immersive customer experience.

If I rewrote the tagline to read something like:
Design Remarkable Immersive Customer Experience: Online and offline

Would that give you better insight as to what you would expect to hear from me?

Thanks again!

Senior Notions

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Sorry! I should have been more clear. I think here it is referred to as a Value Proposition. I kinda merged that in my mind with Unique Selling Proposition. When Andrew wrote

" ... Why should I subscribe to you ..."

My understanding of the Value Proposition is what you have to offer visitors. For example, ours is Tips and Products for Aging Well. From our Value Proposition people get a good idea of what to expect from our channel. So what I meant initially is that you could have a shorter "headline" to grab visitors' attention (like even the name of your company/organization) and then let your Value Proposition tell people what's in it for them. Much like your tagline above.

:)

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
My understanding of the Value Proposition is what you have to offer visitors. For example, ours is Tips and Products for Aging Well. From our Value Proposition people get a good idea of what to expect from our channel. So what I meant initially is that you could have a shorter "headline" to grab visitors' attention (like even the name of your company/organization) and then let your Value Proposition tell people what's in it for them. Much like your tagline above.

This is very well stated, and covers what I want! The value proposition also can be used to run through every piece of content you make. If it doesn't fit my value proposition. I shouldn't make the video.

OP
OP
LisaMBM

LisaMBM

Of course and I understand Value Proposition. What I was trying to do was gauge YouTube's platform and audience engagement when it comes to banner design. While I was gathering banners from successful YouTubers, I discovered a variety of USPs --some brief, some very tactical-- and was trying to evaluate how much percentage of the tactical approach I should apply to my own. Thanks for your contributions.