• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback My latest thumbnails

dlrpfans

These are my two latest thumbnails, the first video is already out, the second thumbnail is for next week, is it any good I wonder ?

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 226
  • hqdefault (1).jpg
    hqdefault (1).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 232

LisaMBM

I feel like you've got a lot going on and it's tough for me to focus.

When I compose a layout, I separate my grid into 3 distinct sections. Think of your layout like a band: You have the soloist (takes front and center) and the backup singers (supporting element), and the song title. I decide which element is going to be my soloist and which is going to be supporting.

Decide which element you want to exalt as your soloist. You can make variations of your layout to see which resonates best with you and your viewers. If the trend is to include your face, then don't be shy. Then juxtapose it with the steamboat OR the house, not both. You'll see how removing an element tightens your comp and helps tell a clean story.

If you're still a bit confused, borrow the layouts from the YouTubers with high views. Use that to set your stage and then see how your thumbnail looks.

Hope that helps!

OP
OP
dlrpfans

dlrpfans

I feel like you've got a lot going on and it's tough for me to focus.

When I compose a layout, I separate my grid into 3 distinct sections. Think of your layout like a band: You have the soloist (takes front and center) and the backup singers (supporting element), and the song title. I decide which element is going to be my soloist and which is going to be supporting.

Decide which element you want to exalt as your soloist. You can make variations of your layout to see which resonates best with you and your viewers. If the trend is to include your face, then don't be shy. Then juxtapose it with the steamboat OR the house, not both. You'll see how removing an element tightens your comp and helps tell a clean story.

If you're still a bit confused, borrow the layouts from the YouTubers with high views. Use that to set your stage and then see how your thumbnail looks.

Hope that helps!

ok, thanks for the tips :)

Reactions: LisaMBM

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
74A99EAC-2B9B-4EEC-8EDC-539D8982EEEA.jpeg

so this is roughly how thumbs will look when you see them on YouTube. The first grabs my attention with the colour balloon? But otherwise itΓÇÖs a bit cluttered visually, thereΓÇÖs a lot going on. But it does indicate some fun is being had.

The second one I can tell pretty much straight away youΓÇÖre standing next to a boat, thought the framing is off a little, the boat could take up a lot more of the frame,

Neither is necessarily bad, but both could benefit from a few tweaks for full vidsual optimisation. The left you could have a white outline around the central figure andballoon so it stands out more. It looks fun so I wouldnΓÇÖt do much more than a white outline to help with contrast,

the one with the boat IΓÇÖd just show the boat more. People may click less on the boat unless theyΓÇÖre into boats, but thatΓÇÖs just up to the topic,

both appeal to me for the varying reasons :) hope that gives you some food for thought :)