• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Feedback opportunity for World Adventures with Laura and Trent

worldadventures

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: worldadventures
Title of thread: Feedback opportunity for World Adventures with Laura and Trent
Self review: So I know I have a few areas for improvement. Actually a lot. But I am new to it all, we are just using our phone for our vlogs at present so a big thing is audio quality. Especially on this day the wind was blowing so there was points when the wind affects the audio quite a bit. I also think it's probably to long and a lot could have been cut out or maybe just rearranged. I need to learn more about SEO and keyword selections as well. Plan, plan and more planning. We have a few videos now and things are improving every upload. We really appreciate and postive or constructive feedback available to us.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/dQVEm3-0Bpk

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/22904/#post-60586

• Love
Reactions: lonchris vlogs

Junior and Patricia

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Self review: So I know I have a few areas for improvement. Actually a lot. But I am new to it all, we are just using our phone for our vlogs at present so a big thing is audio quality. Especially on this day the wind was blowing so there was points when the wind affects the audio quite a bit. I also think it's probably to long and a lot could have been cut out or maybe just rearranged. I need to learn more about SEO and keyword selections as well. Plan, plan and more planning. We have a few videos now and things are improving every upload. We really appreciate and postive or constructive feedback available to us.

Link to Video:

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/22904/#post-60586

I want to say that you both make a great couple and seemed to be enjoying doing this together which is a definite plus I got by just seeing genuine smiles and laughs throughout the video. You also captured and adventured into some beautiful areas which makes great footage for your travel channel. I will say you are headed in the right direction just keep making more and more videos to become better and better at it. Now some points to be made and I don't mean to come off as harsh or mean its all constructive criticism and I want your channel to become great in the long run.On some points I feel like the narrative in drawn out and or repeated which can cause viewers to lose interest or skip through the video so I would say introduce your scene, where you are going, small amount of intriguing history about it and cut to the next scene. I have to learn this too when I'm filming. Scenery clips I think shouldn't be longer than 4 seconds because then it start to feel less epic I feel like on some parts it went on too long. If your not using the audio for some of the scenery clips while looking out your car, try and roll the window down and film because there is a glare on the window of you filming which can be distracting. As I learned from Science by Steph and I quote when she gave me feedback "All the footage after the peak just seemed like a home holiday video - "here's some meandering video of us on holiday". Nobody on YouTube wants to see that. Keep that sort of footage for yourself and for your memories. If there's something interesting or worth sharing then package that better and get that online." Some of your footage fits that criteria same as mine did so I would say just pick out your best most interesting clips to draw viewers and take out all the rest and it would probably cut the video down extremely.

• Love
Reactions: worldadventures
OP
OP
worldadventures

worldadventures

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I want to say that you both make a great couple and seemed to be enjoying doing this together which is a definite plus I got by just seeing genuine smiles and laughs throughout the video. You also captured and adventured into some beautiful areas which makes great footage for your travel channel. I will say you are headed in the right direction just keep making more and more videos to become better and better at it. Now some points to be made and I don't mean to come off as harsh or mean its all constructive criticism and I want your channel to become great in the long run.On some points I feel like the narrative in drawn out and or repeated which can cause viewers to lose interest or skip through the video so I would say introduce your scene, where you are going, small amount of intriguing history about it and cut to the next scene. I have to learn this too when I'm filming. Scenery clips I think shouldn't be longer than 4 seconds because then it start to feel less epic I feel like on some parts it went on too long. If your not using the audio for some of the scenery clips while looking out your car, try and roll the window down and film because there is a glare on the window of you filming which can be distracting. As I learned from Science by Steph and I quote when she gave me feedback "All the footage after the peak just seemed like a home holiday video - "here's some meandering video of us on holiday". Nobody on YouTube wants to see that. Keep that sort of footage for yourself and for your memories. If there's something interesting or worth sharing then package that better and get that online." Some of your footage fits that criteria same as mine did so I would say just pick out your best most interesting clips to draw viewers and take out all the rest and it would probably cut the video down extremely.

Really appreciate this feedback, I am with you 100% on that and I totally get where you are coming from. Definitely constructive criticism to push my videos forward. Besides our first mash ups from Hawaii when we decided to blog, we are at about our sixth video. Lots to work on and so much more research and learning to take place, especially from places like this. I will take all that onboard moving forward. Again, thank you.

Reactions: Junior and Patricia

EmzChad

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.reallysimplerecipes.co.uk
Subscriber Goal

Link to Video:

Hi Guys, a really good video, you are both very natural on camera which is a good start. I felt that your introduction was a little long and repetitive, you want to grab your audience's attention and keep them watching. I also felt some of your music cuts were a little abrupt and louder than your voices, smooth them out and they will be perfect. You have some great scenery footage, but I felt it was a little long, scenery you want to use as your B role quick snappy clips. Focus more about talking about where you are, we want to see you on camera, you both have great camera personas, use it to your advantage. You have the makings of good footage on youtube. Keep producing, editing and publishing you will grow in time. I always like to look at my older videos, it's a great motivational push to see how far you have come. I hope this helps :)

Reactions: worldadventures
OP
OP
worldadventures

worldadventures

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Really appreciate the feedback. We have already taken on board a lot of this stuff in our most recent video. This is the type of feedback I was looking to receive so this is mighty helpful. Lost more feedback needed. :)

• Love
Reactions: EmzChad

lonchris vlogs

TubeBuddy User

Link to Video:

Its was awesome vlog. beautiful beach and good film.