• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review What do you guys think about the content and ways i can improve.

Team BOD Gaming

User name: Team BOD Gaming
Title of thread: What do you guys think about the content and ways i can improve.
Self review: I think the Video was good but maybe i could've cut down on the watch time. I also feel we're getting Better with every Video we post with experience but i kinda want another on my content and ways we can improve. Thank you for your feedback in advance.
Link to video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToBhXpwHiyo&t=171s

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/22100/

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
How's it going @Team BOD Gaming. I figured as a gamer myself I could provide a decent review of your video. Now, I'll be honest and straight forward but accept this as my opinion and not as rules you need to follow. This is how I see videos and how most videos I watch often tend to be that to me look good. So, feel free to ignore any of the things I am about to say good or bad. My goal is not to insult or discourage, it's only meant to provide some constructive criticism in the hopes it can help you grow your channel more.

With that said. Let's start with the good stuff. From what I saw you guys seem to have good chemistry and that's good. You comedy makes for good watching. The gameplay is pretty good though I haven't watched much of this game so. Your intro is nice and short so that's good as well and your outro is all good.

Now, I noticed something interesting about the recording. For some reason your gameplay was cut off on the edges. I don't know if this is how you edited it or if it was recorded that way. I would suggest trying to get that fixed. Makes the video look of better quality. I also noticed the quality of the video changes throughout the video. It's a bit unusual for me to see that. I'm not gonna hold the quality against you because sometimes we work with what we have and we can eventually work towards better quality down the road. But if you can try to figure out how to maintain the same quality throughout the video that can help too.

I would also recommend trying a small trick I see most other Youtubers do. Pick a short funny clip from your footage, preferably one that won't be in the main video footage, and use it as the pre-intro. Then you can put the Intro after it and then the gameplay footage. It's like giving a taste of things to come in the video. Helps pull people in.

I agree the video is a tab bit long. When it comes to gaming people don't tend to watch long videos unless it has a purpose such as showing them how to complete a level or beat a boss, going into details on how to play a game or giving a review of a game. Beyond that gameplay that goes beyond 10 to 15 minutes, viewers usually watch because they simply love watching a particular YTer regardless of length of the video or because it's worth watching the full gameplay depending on the game, like Starcraft II for example. In my experience as a viewer who watches a lot of gameplay, I don't normally watch long videos unless it's something like Starcraft. I don't even like watching the boring parts during a livestream though that's unavoidable. I try to target my videos between 10 and 12 minutes for gaming. If shorter even better. At least for now until you can build an audience of fans that want more.

One last thing. I would recommend watching some videos on how to use TubeBuddy's keyword search feature to help you improve your video SEO. I tested your video title Marvel Ultimate Alliance and it doesn't do well for searches as the image shows below.

But if you add some keywords like Let's Play Marvel Ultimate Alliance the searchability goes up improving the SEO of the video as the image shows below.

Here are a few videos that can help with that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVGasw8T6g0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dMFavj55cM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFDZ_5S5X-A

I hope this information helps.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
How's it going @Team BOD Gaming. I figured as a gamer myself I could provide a decent review of your video. Now, I'll be honest and straight forward but accept this as my opinion and not as rules you need to follow. This is how I see videos and how most videos I watch often tend to be that to me look good. So, feel free to ignore any of the things I am about to say good or bad. My goal is not to insult or discourage, it's only meant to provide some constructive criticism in the hopes it can help you grow your channel more.

With that said. Let's start with the good stuff. From what I saw you guys seem to have good chemistry and that's good. You comedy makes for good watching. The gameplay is pretty good though I haven't watched much of this game so. Your intro is nice and short so that's good as well and your outro is all good.

Now, I noticed something interesting about the recording. For some reason your gameplay was cut off on the edges. I don't know if this is how you edited it or if it was recorded that way. I would suggest trying to get that fixed. Makes the video look of better quality. I also noticed the quality of the video changes throughout the video. It's a bit unusual for me to see that. I'm not gonna hold the quality against you because sometimes we work with what we have and we can eventually work towards better quality down the road. But if you can try to figure out how to maintain the same quality throughout the video that can help too.

I would also recommend trying a small trick I see most other Youtubers do. Pick a short funny clip from your footage, preferably one that won't be in the main video footage, and use it as the pre-intro. Then you can put the Intro after it and then the gameplay footage. It's like giving a taste of things to come in the video. Helps pull people in.

I agree the video is a tab bit long. When it comes to gaming people don't tend to watch long videos unless it has a purpose such as showing them how to complete a level or beat a boss, going into details on how to play a game or giving a review of a game. Beyond that gameplay that goes beyond 10 to 15 minutes, viewers usually watch because they simply love watching a particular YTer regardless of length of the video or because it's worth watching the full gameplay depending on the game, like Starcraft II for example. In my experience as a viewer who watches a lot of gameplay, I don't normally watch long videos unless it's something like Starcraft. I don't even like watching the boring parts during a livestream though that's unavoidable. I try to target my videos between 10 and 12 minutes for gaming. If shorter even better. At least for now until you can build an audience of fans that want more.

One last thing. I would recommend watching some videos on how to use TubeBuddy's keyword search feature to help you improve your video SEO. I tested your video title Marvel Ultimate Alliance and it doesn't do well for searches as the image shows below.

View attachment 3202

But if you add some keywords like Let's Play Marvel Ultimate Alliance the searchability goes up improving the SEO of the video as the image shows below.

View attachment 3203

Amazingly said Brave! :D

OP
OP
Team BOD Gaming

Team BOD Gaming

View attachment 3202

View attachment 3203

Thank you for the tips and I really appreciated itIΓÇÖm currently working on getting a better computer to help with graphics and try to get better with editing and I love that take the clip and put it at the beginning tips thank you I really appreciate it

Reactions: BraveStar

PureAutism

it good and all but the camera angle is kinda bad,its pretty dark too,maybe you guys should turn on more lights as your facial expressions are not really clear,you can also try put the camera in the center so we the viewers would be able to see more of you guys if that even makes any sense