• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Suggested Full Size (reasonably portable) Tripod?

Troy Spiral

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello,

I'm new to (serious) youtubing. I did random videos on and off for the last few years but never bothered with things like gear or keyword optimiztaion or any of that. Was just "for fun". Getting more serious about it I really need a full sized tripod.

I move around a lot durring my videos so portable would be good, I'm also 6'4" so some of the tripods just arent tall enough for me to stand up and talk to the camera. (phone). Any suggestions would be apreciated.

thanks for your time in advance.
-Troy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello,

I'm new to (serious) youtubing. I did random videos on and off for the last few years but never bothered with things like gear or keyword optimiztaion or any of that. Was just "for fun". Getting more serious about it I really need a full sized tripod.

I move around a lot durring my videos so portable would be good, I'm also 6'4" so some of the tripods just arent tall enough for me to stand up and talk to the camera. (phone). Any suggestions would be apreciated.

thanks for your time in advance.
-Troy

What's the price you're looking at?

Also @Aaron is tall, and uses tripods.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I was visiting the US recently and was at Fry's electronics. I saw a tripod there and for $35 I figured I would give it a try, It is aluminum, so lightweight, but maybe for light duty as well? Sunpak 6601TM, folds down to 21" full height is 58". The center pole comes out and becomes a monopod, up to 61". It has bubble levels, an extra quick release plate, phone mount, and GoPro mount.

I was really just looking for a monopod and since this does double duty I figured why not?

I have only had a couple months and am happy with it, but I don't know about the long term sturdiness. My old tripod has lasted over 10 years - but was only 36" tall.