• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question Which Green Screen is better to Stream on Gaming?

Lucky Girl Gamer

Subscriber Goal
I'm kinda curious which green screen is better to stream on YouTube/Twitch or without using the green screen to go live streaming? I still don't have a green screen to stream on my channel yet, but I just don't know if it is important to get a green screen?

I really like to hear from you, if anybody has any suggestions or more tips about the green screen?

P.S.
Thank you, for reading this & I will wait of your reply from my forum.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Green screen is more of a preference. I've seen a plethora amount of let's players with green screen and let's players without.

Both requires you to invest in lighting and a webcam, but only one of those options require you to spend more money (on a green screen).

I usually have a green screen. Sometimes I get lazy and I don't use it, or I'm tired of having a bright light shining in my face for two hours.

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
If you have windows and light in the back you'll need a more expensive thinker material green screen - if you have a nice room and like decorating or never have a mess in there you won't need one at all.

Reactions: Lucky Girl Gamer

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Elgato is a known name in streaming They make the Cam Link which let's you stream from a DSLR, they have recording options. They also have green screen's if you're looking for that as an option:

https://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Green-Screen-auto-locking-wrinkle-resistant/dp/B0743Z892W
Never knew about the cam link thing :thinking: though I'm not keen on changing batteries mid stream lol.

I actually thought about buying that green screen of theirs, until I moved into my new place and I realized the wall is blue enough for it to be a blue screen xD

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Never knew about the cam link thing :thinking: though I'm not keen on changing batteries mid stream lol.

I actually thought about buying that green screen of theirs, until I moved into my new place and I realized the wall is blue enough for it to be a blue screen xD

That's something I working on for my next video! (Cam Link) :D It's really great!

You're lucky with that wall! (insert political joke here)

OP
OP
Lucky Girl Gamer

Lucky Girl Gamer

Subscriber Goal
Green screen is more of a preference. I've seen a plethora amount of let's players with green screen and let's players without.

Both requires you to invest in lighting and a webcam, but only one of those options require you to spend more money (on a green screen).

I usually have a green screen. Sometimes I get lazy and I don't use it, or I'm tired of having a bright light shining in my face for two hours.

Ok, that's why I'm asking & I'm curious about the green screen

OP
OP
Lucky Girl Gamer

Lucky Girl Gamer

Subscriber Goal
If you have windows and light in the back you'll need a more expensive thinker material green screen - if you have a nice room and like decorating or never have a mess in there you won't need one at all.

Alright, & good to know!

OP
OP
Lucky Girl Gamer

Lucky Girl Gamer

Subscriber Goal
Elgato is a known name in streaming They make the Cam Link which let's you stream from a DSLR, they have recording options. They also have green screen's if you're looking for that as an option:

https://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Green-Screen-auto-locking-wrinkle-resistant/dp/B0743Z892W

Of course, I did heard about the Elgato green screen. Their pretty good to stream on games but the problem is the price.
I might think about to get the Elgato green screen for the future

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
Lucky Girl Gamer

Lucky Girl Gamer

Subscriber Goal

Interesting, but yes Elgato green screen is pretty good to stream on games with your audience.
I did heard about the Elgato green screen before

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal

Just use a AC Power Adapter for the DSLR, I have one for my 70D to use it for streaming purposes... the downside would be that it eventually will overheat as DSLRs are not meant to be constantly on.

Last edited:

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Just use a AC Power Adapter for the DSLR, I have one for my 70D to use it for streaming purposes... the downside would be that it eventually will overheat as DSLRs are not meant to be constantly on.
Yeah, I've only been using my camera for recording and that's about it. I don't really have the need to "up the quality" with a cam xD

OP
OP
Lucky Girl Gamer

Lucky Girl Gamer

Subscriber Goal

Alright, I give it a try & thank you!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Interesting I've streamed from my G7 and did test recordings for 7+ hours with no issues :X

Reactions: Aaron

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
In terms of green screens, I think having one that folds in like a car windshield sun protector would probably be the easiest.then there's the fancy onces that fold up and fold down.
If you have a way to attach it to something, simply purchasing some green fabric would also do the job :) but you don't NEED a greenscreen. Green screens are good for if your background is messy or you don't want to clean your room :p

Reactions: Ikerot

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Newer collapsed green screen personally worked best for me in my personal projects at school. It's cheap, and portable. Most editing soft wares can work with most colors though. The best color for green screen in my opinion is black, as there is minimal outline and reflection of colors.

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm kinda curious which green screen is better to stream on YouTube/Twitch or without using the green screen to go live streaming? I still don't have a green screen to stream on my channel yet, but I just don't know if it is important to get a green screen?

I really like to hear from you, if anybody has any suggestions or more tips about the green screen?

P.S.
Thank you, for reading this & I will wait of your reply from my forum.
The "chroma key" effect i find can remove pretty much any background if you click on it in Premiere pro.
Works really efficiently.

Reactions: TanookiAlex