• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Automotive Pics of your current setup

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I know we all want newer, bigger, fancier setups... but what does everyone have now? I have a nice Fuji Finepix (from 2012, in the US). It is old but serviceable, the optical zoom and shutter speed are nice. It takes good still pics but has never been good for video. My biggest problem with the Fuji is that it is just too big to carry around all the time. That is one of my favorite things about using my Samsung phone - it is with me all the time.

Here is my current gear. Nothing fancy, nothing expensive. It is convenient to carry, and for YT vids... good enough. For professional work you would probably want better. Most people watch YT on their phones (something I will never understand), so for a 5" screen - how good does the gear really need to be?

This is my stay at home gear. The gimbal and action cam are for planned trips.
I was going to buy some green cloth for chroma key, but my wife has this purple curtain, covering a shelf, on the front porch. When I take pics/vids in front of it I pull it tight and light it (string lights on the porch). The purple is easy to chroma key out... and I tend to wear a lot of blue and green so the purple turned out to be better than I thought. Plus it is already here (notice a pattern of cheapness ha ha). The action cam bag only goes out for beach/pool trips. It is a $25 Chinese knock off cam. The video quality is surprisingly good. To mount it on the bicycle you have to take it out of the waterproof case or it overheats (you cannot turn of the display screen). The gimbal and tripod stay at home except for planned trips. If I am sitting on the well to film I have to add the selfie stick to the tripod for the extra height. I would get a taller tripod, but I rarely use it. I love the Zhiyun gimbal! About $100. The Smooth 3 is well named... smooth vids... (the Android app for it sucks but the iphone is supposed to be supported better). When I do walking tours the gimbal is awesome. The gimbal has a 12 hour battery and a charging port for your phone. You can use it as a power bank.

screen.jpg Action Cam.jpg Gimbal Tripod.jpg

This is my every day gear. I carry a purse and half of it is camera gear.
Most people here (Philippines) carry purses. It helps keep stuff away from pickpockets, and there are a lot of things you need to keep with you - like toilet tissue, wet wipes, handkerchiefs etc. I had a much smaller bag but the camera gear has expanded. The phone is a Samsung J5 Prime, about $200 (I am converting to USD in my head - no guarantees on accuracy!). The power bank is indispensable, and was about $14, I can charge the phone 3 times with it. The tiny tripod I rarely use but just never took it out of my bag. The gorilla pod is my favorite (and only $3 online). The mic is from Amazon, about $15? I have a 15 foot extension wire for the mic, and I made a dead cat for windy days. The small selfie stick is good because it folds up so small. The round white thing is a clip on rechargeable selfie light. I generally forget I have it, and when I do remember the light... the battery needs to be charged ($3?). The small lenses are macro and fisheye, I don't care a lot for them ($3). The larger lens is a $3 telephoto lens that is actually pretty good, and I always forget I have it ha ha (marked 8x zoom 18mm 16 degrees). I was at a dragon boat race last week and wished I could get closer... then got home and remembered that was with me!

purse.jpg Daily Gear.jpg

Like I said nothing fancy or expensive. The gimbal is my fanciest toy, I guess. I use CyberLink Power Director 16 for my editing ($50). Photoshop CS3 (free from my ex) for pic editing, and making lower thirds etc. If start making more YT money I may consider upgrading the gear - but it has to be something I will carry with me. So probably just a better phone/cam, I guess.

I do have a drone with a cam but it is hard to fly here. It is always so windy here. Better for kite flying, not drones. Hey... mount a camera to my kite... Hmm....

The funny thing is I can walk around with the tripod or gimbal and no one says anything, but break out the gorilla pod and immediately "Oh, you are a vlogger? What is your channel name". Is that the symbol of the club?!

Reactions: Paul

Ceorge_Christofi

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Well.... where do I start? I could just say watch my behind the scenes video shot on my cellphone but that is also out of date now and I only released it 2 weeks ago.

Gear... I'm a gearhound and a bit of a perfectionist, trying to improve everything I can all the time. I also buy a fair bit secondhand because the prices in the uk are silly for some things. I notice technical issues but don't always notice the obvious, like a fly in the room or my hair being messy. I'm a virgo, I'm old and I quite frankly can be a grumpy bstrd. I'm probably too technical for my own good but lack some 'artistic elements' shall we say. I could take pictures but I'm sure the TB server would not be happy holding 40 or so 40Mb raw files from a dslr.

I'll list it, be easier.

Cameras... yes, more than one.
Nikon D500
Nikon D5300
Sony HDR-PJ410
Sony HDR-CX240
Canon Legria R36
Microsoft HD Lifecam

I have a variety of good lenses for the Nikons, fully interchangeable from very wide to super closeup....

Microphones

A pair of Rode NT-1's
A Rode Videomic Pro
A Sure Highball (circa 1970)
A crappy Chinese XLR based mic

Mic Preamps....

A pair of DBX286s Preamp / Processors

Audio Recorder

Tascam DR600-Mk2

Headphones

AudioTechnika ATH-M50x

Yes, it's a lot of gear. Probably overkill. I can't help it. I do have a lot of ancillaries too, but then it will just sound stupid to list extra batteries, pro grade audio cables, lighting setups, mixers, lens filters, pop filters, boom stands, tripods, computer, software, TubeBuddy Subscription yada yada yada...

I don't want to add it up. It scares me how much I have spent on making YouTube videos for fun. At least when I could monetise before the adpocalypse I might have got some money back but hey....

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I've got a setup that I haven't fully utilize yet. I have a Canon Rebel T6i with a Rode VideoMicro that's attached to a monopod. Also got me some umbrella lights for recording my Bad Ramblings so I don't have to my eyes burned by the ring lights.
20180914_002712(1).jpg
Plus the green screen ^

I have my other setup for livestreaming (or when I'm too lazy to set up the other things *coughs*) which is a Logitech c920, the Rode NT1, and the ring light that bake me every time I turn it on.
20180914_002753(1).jpg

I forgot to take a pic, but I do have a Rode SmartLav+ for recording my Bad Ramblings. Also use the NT1 for reviews when I get around to it >.>

Timbo

TubeBuddy Pro
www.elliesmells.com
Subscriber Goal
When we started our channel Ellie wanted to try a different approach to that of other creators in our niche of fragrance. 'I want a studio that's clean and white, with a table and a chair that's the right height' was my original remit. As evidenced by our initial videos, our first attempts resulted in 'grey and dingy'. With a very limited budget, I discovered one of the great joys of being a YouTube Creator in making the best quality video you can with the limited resources you have. Fortunately, I had a shed full of tools and timber and that was my starting point.

Above all, is lighting. I invested in four softboxes with continuous daylight bulbs. These light the front of the set. Two fluorescent strips mounted on light stands with hardboard barn doors to stop spill light the backdrop. Over the year I have accumulated quite a number of LED torches from the local hardware store for product lighting.

As well as limited in the budget we are limited in space as well, so everything has to fold away, be easily stacked or have various uses. I made screens from white bedsheets stretched over wooden frames that can be easily mounted on the wall as a backdrop or double up as huge diffusers. Sheets of acrylic for continuous backdrops and white and black card to create or get rid of reflections are a must. Clamps, clamps and more clamps are essential for us.

The camera is the entry-level Nikon D3300 DSLR with an 18-55 mm kit lens for shooting the main video. I have a 50 mm prime lens but we don't have the space to use this other than for the product shots. I also use a 10-20mm wide angle lens and a 70-300mm zoom with macro. The mic is a rode pro shotgun mic, but I do have a Samson studio mic as well as a spare shotgun mic and lavalier mic. All of which were bought second hand.

So here's the 'studio' currently set up to shoot the fragrance bottles for upcoming videos. This is the part I really enjoy, especially when new, as yet, unreleased to the public fragrances arrive.
DSC_0364.JPG

The empty glasses btw are not an indication of a drinking problem...I put them on the turntable in front o the camera and shoot through them to liven up the footage. :D

Here are the results we get from our setup. First a frame grab from editing a recent review...
Image1.jpg

and then the product shots I was taking using the setup in the first image.
Dolce and Gabbana The One Eau de Parfum.png

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I've got a setup that I haven't fully utilize yet. I have a Canon Rebel T6i with a Rode VideoMicro that's attached to a monopod. Also got me some umbrella lights for recording my Bad Ramblings so I don't have to my eyes burned by the ring lights.

Heck, yeah, get that T6i going girl!! You can make any kind of movie you want with that thing.

Reactions: Ceorge_Christofi

Ceorge_Christofi

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
When we started our channel Ellie wanted to try a different approach to that of other creators in our niche of fragrance. 'I want a studio that's clean and white, with a table and a chair that's the right height' was my original remit. As evidenced by our initial videos, our first attempts resulted in 'grey and dingy'. With a very limited budget, I discovered one of the great joys of being a YouTube Creator in making the best quality video you can with the limited resources you have. Fortunately, I had a shed full of tools and timber and that was my starting point.

Above all, is lighting. I invested in four softboxes with continuous daylight bulbs. These light the front of the set. Two fluorescent strips mounted on light stands with hardboard barn doors to stop spill light the backdrop. Over the year I have accumulated quite a number of LED torches from the local hardware store for product lighting.

As well as limited in the budget we are limited in space as well, so everything has to fold away, be easily stacked or have various uses. I made screens from white bedsheets stretched over wooden frames that can be easily mounted on the wall as a backdrop or double up as huge diffusers. Sheets of acrylic for continuous backdrops and white and black card to create or get rid of reflections are a must. Clamps, clamps and more clamps are essential for us.

The camera is the entry-level Nikon D3300 DSLR with an 18-55 mm kit lens for shooting the main video. I have a 50 mm prime lens but we don't have the space to use this other than for the product shots. I also use a 10-20mm wide angle lens and a 70-300mm zoom with macro. The mic is a rode pro shotgun mic, but I do have a Samson studio mic as well as a spare shotgun mic and lavalier mic. All of which were bought second hand.

So here's the 'studio' currently set up to shoot the fragrance bottles for upcoming videos. This is the part I really enjoy, especially when new, as yet, unreleased to the public fragrances arrive.
View attachment 1836
The empty glasses btw are not an indication of a drinking problem...I put them on the turntable in front o the camera and shoot through them to liven up the footage. :D

Here are the results we get from our setup. First a frame grab from editing a recent review...
View attachment 1837
and then the product shots I was taking using the setup in the first image.
View attachment 1838

Its a nice setup and it is nice to see i'm not the only one with space issues. I also have to rig and de-rig every shoot because I share the family dining room. All white is nice, but as you have found, lighting is really the key to keeping it white.

Chase Charaba

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Seeing as I just moved to a new house (and state) last month, this is the first anyone has seen of my new setup (still a work in progress).

I'm a vlogger, so I don't do a ton of videos at home. Still, it's nice being able to have a setup.

Gear wise, I primarily use a Canon EOS 80D for all of my videos and photography. The mic port doesn't work 95% of the time, so I really need to get it repaired or purchase a new camera that does 4K. We'll have to see. I also have other cameras for varying settings. I'll just list everything below:
  • Canon EOS 80D
  • 10-22mm EFS USM lens
  • 18-135mm EFS USM lens
  • Shure lenshopper vp83 microphone
  • Joby tripod
  • DJI Mavic Pro drone
  • GoPro Hero 5 Black
  • GoPro Karma Grip stabilizer
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • 3 Limostudio light stands with umbrellas
2zqvono.jpg

For editing and storage, I have a mix depending on what videos I'm working on. For almost all of my editing work, I use a Dell XPS 8900 with 16 GB of RAM and a 1 TB HDD. Connected to that I have a combined 10 TB in external HDDs from WD.

For gaming footage and when I'm travelling, I use my MSI GE62VR Apache Pro laptop with 16 GB of RAM and an internal SSD and HDD with a combined 1 TB of storage. It's much faster than my desktop, but the screen is too small for me to use it for all of my editing purposes. Yes, I could connect it to my desktop monitor, but oh well.

On both machines I have the Adobe Create Cloud suite of programs, which I keep up to date. If I didn't focus on photography so much I probably wouldn't have it, but Lightroom is a must.

I do almost all of my work at my desk pictured above, but for sit-down videos I'm really excited about the couch and coffee table. Lots of natural light and it would be the perfect place for some future videos (especially once I finish hanging stuff on the walls).

fk9s29.jpg

So, that's my setup. It's very different from where I lived before and I'm excited to make use of it going forward.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Seeing as I just moved to a new house (and state) last month, this is the first anyone has seen of my new setup (still a work in progress).

I'm a vlogger, so I don't do a ton of videos at home. Still, it's nice being able to have a setup.

Gear wise, I primarily use a Canon EOS 80D for all of my videos and photography. The mic port doesn't work 95% of the time, so I really need to get it repaired or purchase a new camera that does 4K. We'll have to see. I also have other cameras for varying settings. I'll just list everything below:
  • Canon EOS 80D
  • 10-22mm EFS USM lens
  • 18-135mm EFS USM lens
  • Shure lenshopper vp83 microphone
  • Joby tripod
  • DJI Mavic Pro drone
  • GoPro Hero 5 Black
  • GoPro Karma Grip stabilizer
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • 3 Limostudio light stands with umbrellas
2zqvono.jpg

For editing and storage, I have a mix depending on what videos I'm working on. For almost all of my editing work, I use a Dell XPS 8900 with 16 GB of RAM and a 1 TB HDD. Connected to that I have a combined 10 TB in external HDDs from WD.

For gaming footage and when I'm travelling, I use my MSI GE62VR Apache Pro laptop with 16 GB of RAM and an internal SSD and HDD with a combined 1 TB of storage. It's much faster than my desktop, but the screen is too small for me to use it for all of my editing purposes. Yes, I could connect it to my desktop monitor, but oh well.

On both machines I have the Adobe Create Cloud suite of programs, which I keep up to date. If I didn't focus on photography so much I probably wouldn't have it, but Lightroom is a must.

I do almost all of my work at my desk pictured above, but for sit-down videos I'm really excited about the couch and coffee table. Lots of natural light and it would be the perfect place for some future videos (especially once I finish hanging stuff on the walls).

fk9s29.jpg

So, that's my setup. It's very different from where I lived before and I'm excited to make use of it going forward.

Love the simplicity and functionality of your setup! :D

Ceorge_Christofi

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Ok... You have to excuse the electronic geek clutter but that is a byproduct of sharing the family dining room. Here is a front of house shot.
bench1.jpg

And here is the back view from the chair

bench2.jpg

I did say I was a gear hound in the other thread!

Nick Nimmin

TubeBuddy Legend
tubertools.com
Subscriber Goal
Ok... You have to excuse the electronic geek clutter but that is a byproduct of sharing the family dining room. Here is a front of house shot.
bench1.jpg

And here is the back view from the chair

bench2.jpg

I did say I was a gear hound in the other thread!

Pretty sure you can get us to the moon with all of that.

Reactions: Paul