• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Updates Live Streaming!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello TubeBuddy Community!

YouTube has made a few changes to live streaming!

The community has been wanting a lot of these features, Live Chat Replay, Location Tagging, Better discover-ability, and YouTube is hoping to deliver!

"Live chat plays a key role in creating connections between creators and their community. Today we are starting to roll out chat replay to YouTube, so you can follow the conversation even after a live stream is over. Live chat replays will show up alongside the video, exactly as it appeared live." - YouTube

2%25252F26%25252F18_live_launch_chatreplay_GIF.gif

More information here:

source: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2018/02/updates-to-youtube-live-streaming.html

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I kinda like the live chat replay. Maybe that means I don't gotta have my chat show on stream anymore? I guess Twitch wouldn't show there though... Meh, I'll figure it out.
Super Chat stuff sounds interesting, but of course, 1k sub requirement so gotta wait on that one, but I really like the auto captions! That'll be good and it'll be nice if YouTube starts adding captions after my live streams end again... For the past 2 weeks, they get no captions.
Location I could care less, lol

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I kinda like the live chat replay. Maybe that means I don't gotta have my chat show on stream anymore? I guess Twitch wouldn't show there though... Meh, I'll figure it out.
Super Chat stuff sounds interesting, but of course, 1k sub requirement so gotta wait on that one, but I really like the auto captions! That'll be good and it'll be nice if YouTube starts adding captions after my live streams end again... For the past 2 weeks, they get no captions.
Location I could care less, lol

Location worked well for me at Social Media Marketing world, and a few people found me through there XD

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I have yet to figure out how to turn on the live chat replay lol when the livestream ends, I check my video and the box is not ticked. I like the idea, but I also like having chat on screen for when I edit it down.

xingcat

Experienced Poster
TubeBuddy Star
www.xingcat.com
Subscriber Goal
Ah, I think the Live Chat Replay will be especially helpful, since anytime I watch a livestream, a lot is lost because all you see is half the conversation. That will expand things nicely.

Reactions: DragoNate

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I have yet to figure out how to turn on the live chat replay lol when the livestream ends, I check my video and the box is not ticked. I like the idea, but I also like having chat on screen for when I edit it down.
I agree. Having it on-screen also makes me accountable for missing messages (which some people badger the heck out of me for :joy: )
Ah, I think the Live Chat Replay will be especially helpful, since anytime I watch a livestream, a lot is lost because all you see is half the conversation. That will expand things nicely.
I've never liked that... I never understood why YouTube doesn't at least save the entire chat conversation for you, the channel owner, to go over after a live stream. It seems to only hold a certain amount of messages and that's it. What if you can't quite remember someone's name from the beginning or if you remember exactly why someone's message was blocked, either by you, a mod or automatically by YT?
It will definitely be very nice!

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Agreed on both parts, still trying to find a way to get it to work XD

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Agreed on both parts, still trying to find a way to get it to work XD
Apparently, it's "enabled by default on all of your streams" but it's only after the stream has ended... I noticed the checkbox on yesterday's event, before going live, and it was greyed out. I haven't gone back to look at it yet.
muck.JPG

EDIT: This picture is from after the stream ended and a day later... still unavailable? -.-

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Apparently, it's "enabled by default on all of your streams" but it's only after the stream has ended... I noticed the checkbox on yesterday's event, before going live, and it was greyed out. I haven't gone back to look at it yet.
View attachment 1404
EDIT: This picture is from after the stream ended and a day later... still unavailable? -.-

Thank you for sharing! VERY valuable! :D

Reactions: DragoNate

IanTheProducer

Hello TubeBuddy Community!

YouTube has made a few changes to live streaming!

The community has been wanting a lot of these features, Live Chat Replay, Location Tagging, Better discover-ability, and YouTube is hoping to deliver!

"Live chat plays a key role in creating connections between creators and their community. Today we are starting to roll out chat replay to YouTube, so you can follow the conversation even after a live stream is over. Live chat replays will show up alongside the video, exactly as it appeared live." - YouTube

2%25252F26%25252F18_live_launch_chatreplay_GIF.gif

More information here:

source: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2018/02/updates-to-youtube-live-streaming.html

Defiantly Dope Informational Video

Last edited by a moderator:

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Just checked today's live stream replay, it is enabled and it shows! Very cool! Even shows hidden/deleted messages, which I think is valuable.
Yeah. I saw it's enabled on my livestreams too :D I guess it just took a while lol
Speaking of chat replay, I saw a comment saying that they were annoyed by the fact that youtube is "copying" twitch xD

Reactions: Paul and DragoNate

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Yeah. I saw it's enabled on my livestreams too :D I guess it just took a while lol
Speaking of chat replay, I saw a comment saying that they were annoyed by the fact that youtube is "copying" twitch xD
Copying Twitch? Lol, I'm pretty sure the only way in which they are is that YouTube also has live streams with a live chat

Reactions: Paul