Seeking Advice YouTube Tag Strategies

Discussion in 'Content Strategies' started by BitBoy, May 9, 2018.

1. BitBoy

BitBoy New User

I have some questions regarding how to optimize the way you use tags in your videos.
    1. What is the general timeline in which your tags become searchable? I've noticed that sometimes my tags are found immediately, while others become found/ranked over time. I'm just wondering what everyone's experience is with this.

2. In the TubeBuddy side panel of all your videos you can find where your tags rank. For those tags that do not rank at all, should you switch them out at a certain point? Specifically for evergreen content.

2. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Hello and welcome to the forums!

To answer your questions, the rankings will change over time due to, well, YouTube. And its algorithm. For this reason, some tags that are relevant right now may not be relevant in a month or more, especially if there's no useful or significant data that is attached to that tag on that particular video. Hope that makes sense... Sometimes it makes more sense in my head but is ruined when I try to put it into words.
    For your second question, at the bottom of your tags, it should show this:
    Capture.JPG
    Click on the For You part and that should explain some more. Better than me typing out basically the same info lol