What Recording software do you use?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Technology Discussion' started by KingChocmate, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Desert_Rat_65

Desert_Rat_65 Active Member TubeBuddy Pro

I use OBS Studio. It works great.

2. HippoZoned

HippoZoned Newbie Member

Wow every reply here is so dated, most of the software everyone uses is either dated or obsolete other than OBS

The two best I've found are DXTory and Mirlillis, I also been testing ShadowPlay lately but its only an option if you have an Nvidia GPU

3. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member Verified Professional

Its one of those things where in the creative process you use what you find works for you. I still have a software I use for my design business that is over 6 years old and I have no intention of paying to update to a newer version of it because the current that I own works just fine. It is like used cars... just because they are a bit old doesn't mean they can't be amazing with the right owner ;).

That said my recordings are done via OBS.

4. booger

booger New User

On my pc I use GeForce Experience (Shadowplay) since I have a NVIDIA card. My son uses ReLive on his pc because he has an AMD card. Both seem to provide a little bit better quality, imho, than OBS for recordings. However, when I stream I use OBS because of the features it includes.

5. Lady April

Lady April Newbie Member

We use OBS for like downloaded games. Off browser stuffs.
    But for On browser stuff like reactions oooor just a Flash game on newgrounds we use the free version Screencast-o-matic. Both are fairly simples to use and are free. We work with what we got and if they work! Thats great!

6. BrandoF2P

BrandoF2P Newbie Member

my channel is mainly based on a Mobile game so I use the Samsung S8 built in game recording features. I have also used youtube gaming (android) to stream and record.
    if i am on PC I use OBS to record

7. Limitless HD

Limitless HD Active Member TubeBuddy User

When im recording games on PS4 I usually use my Elgato Game Capture HD. But when Im on PC i use Nvidia Shadowplay

8. NerdyEquinox

NerdyEquinox New User

I use action to record and obs for streaming/recording at times. I also have shadowplay as backup. For editing, after effects and premiere pro are my go to, but sony vegas is nice as well.

9. Cabbitude

Cabbitude Newbie Member

Right now I use OBS to record my gameplay or anything else on my screens.
    I also record my audio separatedly using Audacity.
    I have a hotkey set up so they both start recording at the same(ish) time, though it's never quite precise so I usually keep the audio recording on in OBS long enough for a countdown+clap, then turn it off. That way I can align them properly in post.

10. TechDEEM

TechDEEM Newbie Member

The best screen recording software is ADOBE CAPTIVATE

11. marekovac

marekovac Newbie Member

only obs nothing else