Declined Video Ownership

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JC @Q2Theory, Nov 13, 2017.

1. JC @Q2Theory

JC @Q2Theory Newbie Member

There used to be an option that showed you who owns the video you're watching. This was a very helpful feature. I knew if looking at "royalty free music" that it wasn't really royalty free if the owner was "Sony". Very helpful tool. PLEASE add it back!

2. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

If I'm not mistaken, this feature may have been removed because YouTube won't allow it anymore. YouTube has, unfortunately, been changing quite a few things lately that affect what TubeBuddy is allowed to do.
    @Andrew would know more :)

3. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

This is correct! YouTube removed the feature, and thus we had to do so too. We enjoyed it, but it's YouTube's house, so we have to play by their rules.

DragoNate likes this.
  4. DragoNate

I wish it was possible to still see beyond 30 days for channelytics too :/ There's been a few times when I go back to a channel and I feel like 3 months ago they only had 100 subs and now they're at 5000 or something and I'm so confused. There's no videos to indicate the large amount of growth either, like "Thanks for X amount of subscribers!" or anything, so I'm super confused, lol

5. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

I agree, sadly that is a YouTube limitation, not a TubeBuddy one. Again we have to play by their rules, but I am happy we get to see something :)

DragoNate likes this.
  6. DragoNate

True. It's better to have something than nothing. YouTube seems to be a little more strict lately, unfortunately.

Andrew likes this.