Suggested TubeBuddy Lifetime Legend License

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Evrim Ağacı, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Evrim Ağacı

Evrim Ağacı Newbie Member

Right now I am on a lifetime pro license. But I want to have Lifetime Legend. Obviously, there is no such thing, yet. I can get a Legend license for about $20/mo. But the support for my channel are rather erratic, so I don't want to commit myself to a monthly license, and once I got used to it, lose it because my channel loses the required support or something.

So, I love lifetime licenses. What are the chances of us getting a lifetime Legend license? What would be the fair value of it? Any ideas?

@Phil

2. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

I will forward this to @Phil, but I would say that is more difficult because YouTube has limits of what we can do with their API and TOO many users on that level, could cause problems, but that is my guess.

Evrim Ağacı likes this.
  3. Phil

Phil Administrator Administrator

Thanks for the question but unfortunately we can only allow lifetime on Pro licenses. As you may (or may not) know, YouTube is constantly changing and any little change they make on their end has potential to break TubeBuddy. For that reason, we are constantly fixing and keeping TubeBuddy update to date. And that is why we have recurring subscriptions in general - because if it was only lifetime, there is no guarantee to our customers that we will continue to support the product. This way, it's a mutual trust and support. Also, like Andrew mentioned, some feature require heavy processing on our servers and we need to restrict those to people with recurring payments. What Legend features make you want to upgrade and keep Legend?

Evrim Ağacı and Paul like this.
  4. Evrim Ağacı

Evrim Ağacı Newbie Member

Ah, I see. That is sad, but if that's the case, there is nothing we can do I guess. And of course, I understand you really well in terms of the technical aspects.

Okay, the most important feature I guess any license-holding account should have is Bulk Processing Tools in general. Not having that in the Pro License is really limiting for my channel. If there was a way to, for instance, pay just for those features as an add-on to my license, I would do that. I can definitely not pay, unfortunately, $20/month (especially since I use TubeBuddy extensively now, I don't want to get attached and lose it if my patrons stop supporting me). But I'd pay a one-time fee or a lower monthly charge only for Bulk Processing Tools (and maybe some others as well).

Also maybe Publish to Facebook could be a nice add-on, even though I don't think it's as "burning" as bulk processing.

So maybe if you guys can have something like "pay-per-tool", it could trigger more subscriptions. :) Just a thought...

Paul and Andrew like this.
  5. xingcat

xingcat Active Member TubeBuddy Star

Top Poster Of Month

Good to know! It's amazing that anyone can keep up with all the changes to make a workable app. .

Paul, Evrim Ağacı and Andrew like this.