Suggested TubeBuddy for Brave!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DragoNate, Jul 1, 2018.

1. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Not sure if TubeBuddy already works with the Brave browser or not, but I just installed it today on my laptop, gonna be trying it out now and, if I make it my default/main browser, adding it to my desktop as well, I would of course need TubeBuddy to work on it for obvious raisins ;)

2. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Pro

First time I've heard of it. I'll have to check it out for sure.:cool:

DragoNate likes this.
  3. DragoNate

Used it a bit last night and it definitely has some nice features. you can type
    :g
    then a search query to search on google, :yt to search on YouTube (and others for other engines), without having to go to those sites first!
    It has a built in ad blocker, but you can change settings on a site-per-site basis. For example, I would turn it off for YouTube. It wouldn't feel right to block YT ads if I would want people not to block my YT ads.

Ginger Lefty, Paul and GearVlogz like this.
  4. GearVlogz

GearVlogz Active Member TubeBuddy Pro

How much faster has your web surfing been since you installed it? Is there not a crypto element in Brave for you to support your favorite content creators as well?

5. DragoNate

Much faster. Currently only have on my laptop, which is old and slow, so Brave ended up "not responding" when trying to open it today -.- but the browsing is much faster.
    And yes, there is a wallet option thingy you can set up. I have not done so yet.

6. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

I'll pass this on, but I haven't really heard of brave until now haha!

DragoNate and Paul like this.
  7. GearVlogz

GearVlogz Active Member TubeBuddy Pro

Andrew from what I recall the founders of Brave originally help create Mozilla/Netscape. One of the reasons why Brave is so fast to browse is it strips out all of a websites extras i.e. Ads. Yes, we as content creator want ads to show up but that is why Brave included a crypto wallet feature if you want to support a creator. How a creator can benefit from this I'm not sure but I'm not going to write it off just yet. Just going to keep doing my research before I make my final decision.

Paul likes this.
  8. DragoNate

You can also turn off the adblocker for specific sites ;) That way, you can still support other creators on YouTube (and not feel like a hypocrite for blocking their ads lol)

GearVlogz likes this.