Life Trolls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EV Nick, Oct 8, 2018.

1. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

Anyone here suffer with trolls?

I seem to be the target of a few trolls on comment section which is fine to deal with just delete and block.
    However also get it on facebook, now i don't block them via there because this is on forums on my subject material and i like to ensure there not talking about me behind my back.

Now normally I've dealt with this quite well but recently I've had a wave of lots of them all at once.

Unsure if its jealousy that i run a new but successful channel or if they just think because i do youtube i can be there target.

Am sure as my growth goes up I'll get more and more but wondering how you all deal with it?

Sometimes i do get a few of my subscribers defending me on my behalf which is lovely to see but it shouldn't happen. They also feel the need to make stuff up about me its almost like they'd love me to fail.

Recently i posted a video on a forum and because of high troll count i turned comments off on the facebook post as i couldn't delete troll comments and the group admin is useless so if they did comment it be on youtube where i'd have control.

however one guy decided to start a post about me tagging me in and saying "stop spamming with your youtube channel and turning comments off" to which it then became a topic for all my trolls to join in.

My links via facebook forum generate new traffic and subs and likes on the post and are about the subject matter the group talks about so not really spam and its not weekly its monthly

2. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Active Member

I am in a small niche that attracts trolls - yet I get very few on my channel. I do not entertain them at all. A single troll post gets an immediate block. Other channels seem to banter with them to garner more drama/attention.

I rarely post on any FB page except my own channel page that I made. (I should pimp my channel more...)

EV Nick likes this.
  3. Ikerot

Ikerot Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

For me, when I see trolls on my comment, I kinda... just go with them. They don't really respond back and it makes me sad :c

Unless it's super revealing of my personal information, I tend to not block them. Or unless they keep doing it, then that's when I decide to block them. There was a case of someone who continuously commented, but then they ended up deleting it because some of my friends saw it and decided to jump in for fun xD I actually get those a lot where people write mean comments but then delete them afterwards >.> I guess that's the only way they'll get to me because I can't respond back.

Honestly, though? I haven't encounter a troll who's really out to get me. The worst I've gotten are creeps on the internet who confess their "love" to me and continues to push it even though I've told them no or have shown no interest :l I get them every year, but this one guy in particular takes the cake... He said "this is his last message" two days ago, but I'm not letting my guard down just yet.

EDIT: Funny enough... I just noticed he posted yet another comment. There goes my 2 days of peace and quiet :c

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. No Time

No Time New User

The way I take care of trolls is by trolling them back.

5. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

What I have found to work is killing them with kindness, but also understanding not everyone will like me, and if they're not adding to my life, I subtract them to the channel.

EV Nick likes this.