Channel Review Toy Channel require feedback

Discussion in 'Content Feedback' started by TheIdiotReviewer, Oct 4, 2017.

1. TheIdiotReviewer

TheIdiotReviewer Newbie Member

Self Review: I'm running a toy channel that pretty much just consist of me showing off my collection.. all my review have the same structure, it's which is greeting -> packaging -> 1st look -> accessory (if apply) -> figures -> comparison (if apply) -> final though -> goodbye...

I used to have alot of problem with lighting, but I think that problem have been solve earlier this year and I have upgraded to a DSLR as well... unfortunately, the DSLR that i'm currently using doesnt have auto focus so I have to be really careful, and from time to time, I forget to set the focus which result is kinda blury picture.

Because I dont have a colorful personality (not everyone can be like Pinkie Pie) and I really dont want to fake it, so I decide to use a rather cheerful music as a cover.. which I think it kinda works, I dont sound as boring anymore.

Personally I think I did a pretty good job as most of the comment that I receive (when I receive one) usually is a positive one.

However I did kinda handicap myself because I dont really ask people to subscribe and comment (like everyone else), this is because I know the psychology of favor, if you ask people to do something for you as a favor, people will most likely comply, which I see it as an abuse.. So I dont want people to subscribe to me because I asked nicely, I want them to subscribe because they enjoy what I do.

Here is a link to a review that I did to other people: https://community.tubebuddy.com/ind...y-please-help-violent-game-and-swearing.7721/

My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheIdiotReviewer

My Latest Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUmj0e5gNn4&t

So, feel free to let me know what I can do to improve..

2. Anthony Krese

Anthony Krese Newbie Member

It feels like your videos need more focus. What do you want to do?

Review toys (usually these vidoes are made for parents buying toys)
    Play with Toys (usually these videos are more for kids)
    Show off Collection (usually these videos are made for adult collectors)
    Unbox toys (these videos can be for kids, parents or children depending on how they are made)

Look at other successful toy channels / videos and you'll see they usually fit one of these categories. I feel like you are trying
    to do all of these at once, so there is no "depth" to your videos. There's isn't a build up or excitement of the unboxing.
    There isn't a deep review. You don't play with the toy very much. We don't get to see your collection.

If you want to do videos that basically show off what you bought and your collection, that is fine! But then show us your collections! Make the channel about you. Why did you buy that toy? Why do you like it so much? Where does it fit in your collection? How much did it cost? Where did you buy it? Which one do you want to buy next? Your passion will come out naturally and the videos will be more exciting and interesting.

I recommend watching successful channels and how they make videos within the categories I wrote above. Then think about how you can put your own spin / creativity / personality within that framework.

3. Ruck'n'Brawl

Ruck'n'Brawl Newbie Member

Hi mate i just watched you video i think as far as lighting video quality and audio goes your spot on, but i think the videos could do with a little bit of zest like maybe try an upbeat music in the background just something to lift the moral of the video other than that everything was excellent i hope my feed back helps you.

4. TheIdiotReviewer

TheIdiotReviewer Newbie Member

Thanks for your review 1st of all, but I dont think you are correct in this matter, I kinda did base my channel on some of the toy review channel that I like, for example Bins Toy Bin, emgo316 and optibotimus

Non of these successful toy channel that I wish to become focus on one thing like you claim, particularly emgo316 where he often plays with the toy at the end of the review..

the only thing that I cant replicate from those successful toy reviewer is their personality, their cheerful personality.. I'm just not one of those people that have very expressive emotion.. which is why I use a background music to try to make my video look more interesting than it really is..

also when come to focus, I did actually have a focus on my channel, which is toy review.. perhaps I forget to mention, but unboxing video that is on my channel, is just a bonus.. not actual content which is why those unboxing video is the least view .. I actually make those video out of habit due to number of fail ebay purchase.. with the only exception is the video title MLP Box. I only make that because some of my viewer requested it..

and when come to "showing my collection off", I cant really do that due to huge number of toys that I own, it would be really hassle to show everyone all my My Little Pony figure everytime I make a review on them (you have no idea how many I own), however I did do the next best thing which is figure comparison.. everytime for if there is a new design on the figure that I already owns, I show them off to show people the differ and similarity the figure posses. I even show off the figure with their line mate if it's some thing new, like I did in my latest video. Skip to 11 minute and 3 second.

However one thing I'm interested on is "deep review" that you talk about, can you give an example of it? cause in my opinion, all my review can be consider "deep review", I talk about the packaging, I talk about the accessory, I talk about the good and bad thing about the figure, I compare it with other figure whenever I could.. I even show people how the toy works whenever I could (showing off the articulation if there is any or arent any, how to use the accessory when I think it's require and what the toy can really do).. If that isnt deep enough, I want to know what else I can do.. The main goal for my review is to give people as much information on the toy as possible..

Even that I disagree with you on some of the points, I thank you for taking your time to give me a feedback.

Thanks for you feedback on lighting, video and audio quality, good to know that all the upgrade I do earlier this year works as it should... But when come to music, what kind of upbeat music that you are talking about? can give some example? Thanks again.