In Progress Title deleted when using Upload Default templates

Discussion in 'Support' started by KatherineOfSky, Oct 31, 2016.

1. KatherineOfSky

KatherineOfSky Newbie Member

I purchased the upgraded version of TubeBuddy specifically to use the Upload Templates. I am having a couple of problems.

1. First and foremost: on ALL of my templates, I leave the title blank. Before using TB, (in vanilla YouTube), the filename stayed in the title slot. When using a TB Upload Template, the title completely disappears! The upload page shows me the uploaded video, demands a title, and the filename is not displayed anywhere, so I have no idea what it is!

PLEASE fix this. If the title is left blank in the TB Upload Template, it should preserve the file name! This is the only way I have of identifying my videos!

2. On the Upload Page, when I select an Upload Template and click apply, it takes AGES to propagate the information into the description/tags. Is there any way to optimize this? I almost think it's faster to copy/paste :-(

3. When I am on an individual video in the editor, there's an option to import the data from the Upload Templates. (Yay!) It gives me options for Title, Description, etc., and Advanced Settings. How can I change the Advanced Settings on the individual templates? Ideally, I would like to set a specific game name on each template.

I really appreciate any help you could offer!

2. Phil

Phil Administrator Administrator

1) I see what you're saying. The problem is - some people (like myself) want the Title area to be blank. Perhaps we could come up with a secret solution for you. Like... if you make the title "(ignore)" then we know not to update the title. Like a secret code. I will work on this and get back to you later this week with an update and how to use it.

2) Are you on Chrome, FireFox or Safari? Is there a certain area that takes a long time? It should take less than 5 seconds. For me, it takes about 2 seconds. I'm curious if it's just the Tags area that take a long time or does everything about it seem to take a long time?

3) Currently, you can only save defaults for fields that appear on the Upload Defaults page: https://www.youtube.com/upload_defaults Does "Game Name" appear on that page for you?

Thanks and sorry for the delay. I think we can get most of this worked out to where you're happy.

Andrew likes this.
  3. KatherineOfSky

KatherineOfSky Newbie Member

Thank you so much for the reply!

1. A code would work perfectly!

2. I am on FireFox. The behaviour is as such: I choose a template, then click Apply. If I click to another tab or window, the data only partially gets applied, and I have to do it again.

When I keep the window open -- data populates the description, title goes blank, (as per my settings), then the tags start filling in... tag, title, tag, title, tag, title... I see the cursor bouncing back and forth between the two fields.

It can take up to 8 seconds for a particularly stubborn template to be applied. I would say my average time is around 5 seconds, though.

I've noticed that having the TB plugin generally makes my browser slower -- clicking of tabs, etc. has microsecond delays, scrolling of pages with the mouse wheel is slightly delayed, where I didn't have those problems before installation

I do tend to keep a lot of tabs open, (around 100-120), but only load 15-20 in my regular session.

3. No, Game Name doesn't appear on that page. Sorry, I assumed that the "Advanced" checkbox meant that there were additional options that I wasn't seeing somehow.

4. TheRealBeanJr

TheRealBeanJr Member TubeBuddy Legend

YES I need something like this too.

5. NPA

NPA New User

I'm also waiting for a fix for this problem!

Why is it not fixed in the last 2 years?

I say a video there a varable-placeholder "[title]" is used, but it is not working.
    --- Post updated ---
    WHY did I get no answer?

Is not there any support here?

6. Phil

Phil Administrator Administrator

Since it has been so long, let's circle back and have you describe the exact problem you're having. We've had a few things listed here and it's so old, I think a refresh would help. And please email me phil@tubebuddy.com once you've posted an update to ensure I see it. Thanks, Phil