Question Thoughts on 10K Views for YouTube Monetization?

Discussion in 'YouTube Discussion' started by Andrew, Jun 14, 2017.

?

Do you have 10,000 Channel views?

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%
  1. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

Hello TubeBuddy Community!

While most of us have already reached 10,000 views, some of us haven't. I wanted to know both sides opinions on YouTube's new policy to have 10K views for monetization. Personally, I think it makes sense to have an entry point. Working for an MCN where anyone could be monetized, lead to a lot of spam, copyright, and fraud in general. So to have something that checks that before makes a lot of sense. However, as a creator I do know it could be looked as starting off losing money, but 10,000 views isn't that much in the grand scheme of things.

Let me know your thoughts on this, and if you have or don't have 10,000 Views!

2. Just Chatting

Just Chatting Newbie Member

what people dont know is that 10000views = 1-2$

Draconicrose and Andrew like this.
  3. Andrew

Well depending the CPM, but just starting yeah Usually XD Thus why I put "However, as a creator I do know it could be looked as starting off losing money, but 10,000 views isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. "

4. Jay

Jay Active Member TubeBuddy User

Personally, I think it's a step in the right direction for YouTube. With all the the ad companies pulling out, it certainly helps boost YouTube's credibility over their own content. However, I do see how this does affect small YouTube content creators who are laser focused and have not received the recognition they deserve. On the flip side, as YouTube grows and more users receive larger followings, YouTube will need to regulate how to disperse their ads more efficiently.

Thus, I'm sure the bar will be raised higher and higher as time goes on. But, there's no way to predict that!

Draconicrose likes this.
  5. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member Verified Professional

As said above if you have less than 10k views your not even making enough to withdraw it without an MCN paying it to you. I went and checked on my old channel and was surprised to find that my old channel which only had about 80k views actually had just about $65 waiting for me which is pretty high.

Definitely a step in the right direction and good for YouTube as a platform.. I can however see it being slightly discouraging for people.

Draconicrose likes this.
  6. Mark_LifeBeginsAt20

Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 Newbie Member

I don't see an issue with this for a few reasons. First of all, people are probably more likely to watch new content creators to see if they like them if there are no ads. If they see an ads on a really small channel, that tends to put them off. Plus having an entry like everyone has said here is a good way to determine whether the creators is going to do this long term. I guess the downside is if a video goes viral you lose out on a lot of money there on those views, unless you notice that happening and monetize asap.

Paul, DragoNate and Andrew like this.
  7. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Active Member TubeBuddy Legend

I just hit 10,000 views the other day. I see no big money gain. But still, 10,000 views is exciting to me because it is a milestone where YouTube is slightly trusting your channel will be something a little bit more. If I am not making a whole lot, oh well, at least I am climbing up in popularity. :) That is how I feel about it at least!

Andrew and Jay like this.
  8. Draconicrose

Draconicrose Member

I don't have 10k views yet (I'm over 8k though) and it definitely was discouraging to lose monetization. However, I was also not earning anything substantial from it and make much more on Patreon from much fewer people.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Jay likes this.
  9. Jay

I haven't had any luck on Patreon. That's great to see that you have had some success with that!

Draconicrose likes this.
  10. Guitar Hack

Guitar Hack Member

I like it. It gives people a goal to achieve and is a huge milestone for someone starting out. I think if someone gets to 10,000 they are more than encouraged to keep at it and make something of it.

Draconicrose and Andrew like this.
  11. Andrew

I agree with that, it gives you a first official YouTube goal to hit :)

12. Michael J Elliott

Michael J Elliott Member

I have 2.23K views according to my TB Health report so 10k seems long a long way off. I average about 10 to 20 views per video (except the one where I was in drag for the intro and got 67, what does that tell me lol).. However, I'm still learning the whole tag/title process etc with help from Tube Buddy, Brian G Johnson and the awesome gurus on YT

Draconicrose likes this.
  13. Ikerot

Ikerot Well-Known Member TubeBuddy User

I'm totally cool with it, but then again, things like monetization doesn't affect me as much because whether my video gets monetized doesn't really matter to me lol. That and I already have 10k+ videos :l

14. Life Effects

Life Effects Active Member TubeBuddy Star

Respect @Ikerot for 10k+ Videos ;-)

I think everyone can agree that it doesn't matter if your first 10k views are not monetized in terms of earning money. Having that milestone in front of you is probably more motivating than having 2 $ which you can't withdraw.

@Michael J Elliott
    I know it feels like a big hurdle at that point but once you figured it out and the views are coming in - 10k is not a problem anymore

Paul likes this.
  15. Michael J Elliott

Michael J Elliott Member

Slowly, slowly catchee monkey as the saying goes Life Effects lol

16. Mags Mishyl

Mags Mishyl Newbie Member TubeBuddy User

I don't have 10K views yet! But still working on it. :) It's okay to me because its motivate new creators(like me) to give our best to create good content that audience will gonna enjoy watching. And It's great to have a goal that you want to achieve.

17. Chase Charaba

Chase Charaba Member

I have 9.84k views, so I'm on track to reach 10k this week. Even then, I don't know that I'm going to monetize anything because it's just not worth it yet. I'm spending more per month on YouTube than I'll earn, so, I guess I think these restrictions are a good idea.

Andrew likes this.
  18. Jay

My first YouTube goal was 100 subscribers so that I could claim my own custom URL. However, I do see 10,000 being a great milestone to attempt!

Michael J Elliott likes this.
  19. nerycolon1

nerycolon1 Newbie Member

I think that to earn on YouTube you have to prove that you mean business by doing what YouTube wants from you. Respecting the rules and regulation. This 10,000 gives time to learn, find out what your niche is, and getting organized. My 2 channels passed the 10,000 but those that hasn't don't give up. Focus, make videos, promote your videos and DON'T give up

20. Ikerot

Ikerot Well-Known Member TubeBuddy User

LOL did I write 10k+ video? Hahaha. I meant views. Damn, I'd be a machine at that point.