Seeking Advice These little overlay animations with url + social media links

Discussion in 'Content Strategies' started by Coding in Flow, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Coding in Flow

Coding in Flow Newbie Member

Hello,
    my channel Coding in Flow is growing pretty fast and I am getting over 3k subs per month now.
    But I am a total noob when it comes to branding.
    For months I didn't even mention the channel name in the videos and they were 100% plain. My users like that becaues I make programming tutorials and they just want to get right to the point.
    But nevertheless I need some branding and I just had a designer create a logo for me.

I don't want to have an intro, but do you guys know these sliding in animations that a lof of people show at the beginning in their videos? Usually it's in the bottom left corner and shows things like the logo, the name of the person in the video and names of social media accounts.

Anyone have an idea how those things are called?

2. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Active Member

Sounds like you are talking about lower thirds. Lower thirds, or any other logo/animation can be added with most video editing software. What type, and how, depends on the editing software you use.

3. Coding in Flow

Thank you, it's indeed lower thirds! Finally I have a name for it!
    --- Post updated ---
    Do you know if there are any "guidelines" what should be on a lower third? Or can I put everything on there I want? I know that I theoretically can do what I want, I just don't want it to look weird.

For example, in almost all examples I see that people put their personal name on there. But I want to put my company name, url and social media handles on there.

4. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Active Member

I would think you can put anything you like in it. A lot of times I see people put info about the video (like a news ticker). Contact info, anything pertaining to your vid or channel. I have one of an animated palm tree and beach ball that I use in travel vids. I put it on some scene changes and label it beach, shopping, biking girls... whatever ha ha.

Andrew likes this.
  5. Coding in Flow

Thank you, you helped me a lot!