Question Super Chat - Anybody using it or having success?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guitar Hack, Mar 2, 2018.

?

Is it Good?

1. Yep, it's great

20.0%
  2. Don't bother

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fence sitter like me.

80.0%
  1. Guitar Hack

Guitar Hack Active Member TubeBuddy Pro

I haven't heard much about Super Chat lately and was wondering if anyone has been usiing it and what the benefits were.
    I'm curious because I might try to incorporate it if the feedback is good. (Don't want to get viewers off side)

Andrew likes this.
  2. Ikerot

Ikerot Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

I know some people don't want their viewers to use super chat because youtube takes some of the cut. Some other people prefer to use streamlabs because it lets you do other special effects. I can't use it because my channel is monetize yet so idk myself xD

Guitar Hack likes this.
  3. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

I did a stream recently, and was very surprised to GET a super chat from one of my users. It really surprised me, and even helped me shape how the stream is going. Overall, I like it ,but MAN the cut YT takes (Get 10 bucks) More like 7.7 dollars XD

DragoNate and Guitar Hack like this.
  4. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Active Member

I should try it. So far I have only done Facebook live. I have not tried any live stream on YouTube yet.

5. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

On the larger channels' streams I've seen, it can be a quick way to raise a bunch of money. Mostly, it helps to have a large crowd who are looking to get your attention and for the chat to be going so quickly that whoever is streaming tends to only be able to look at things that have been pinned via Super Chat to the top of the stream. Threadbanger does streams where they raise thousands of dollars for charity this way in a single stream.

Radj and DragoNate like this.
  6. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Most big, big channels like that could honestly live off ad rev and merch and stuff alone, so I think it's pretty awesome that some use the SuperChat to raise money for charity. Markiplier did one as well not too long ago and so many people used the SuperChat, some giving over $300 and Mark is like "You don't need to do that!" And later said he's giving it all to charity.

7. JustMike

JustMike New User

Yes, I earn much more from SC than I do through advertising ads. But I encourage my subs to donate other ways (gofund me or paypal) because super chat takes a ridiculous percentage of the donation.

Guitar Hack likes this.
  8. Infraction

Infraction Newbie Member

I got a $400 super chat last month... I had to contact the giver and tell them to get a refund and
    send the money through Paypal... Google would have got a whopping $120 NOPE!!!!!!

Andrew and DragoNate like this.
  9. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Holy crap! That is awesome of them though!!

10. Andrew

Yeah... that's the thing I don't like about the super chat system. the CUT is super high.

11. Ikerot

Ikerot Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Can't you turn it off? I haven't turn mine on bc I didn't want it

12. Andrew

You can turn it off! TubeBuddy had it on for a bit, but we turned it off. Didn't want people to try to pay for channel reviews, and disrupt streams with "Sub 4 me!" stuff.

Ikerot likes this.