Seeking Advice Subscriber count pretty static...

Discussion in 'Content Strategies' started by Brightonsfinest, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Brightonsfinest

Brightonsfinest New User

Currently getting about 7000 minutes of watch time a month, but my subscriber count has barely moved in the last 6 months.

I'm regularly posting calls for action to new subscribers on our twitter and facebook sites, but there's very little take up.

I appreciate that most of our uploads are static, audio interviews, and this is something that we'll be changing soon, with some great filmed content in the pipeline... having said that we do already have some really popular video interviews, with high profile names like Neneh Cherry, Royal Blood, and Wolf Alice - so I'm interested in theories as to why these viewers aren't becoming subscribers.

I'm really looking for any advice people can give me, besides improving the content, in order to reach more prospective subscribers. Where are all the YouTube lovers? I'm on YouTube constantly and follow a bunch of great channels on my personal profile, but I don't know how to find people like myself!

SUBSCRIBE!! ;)

Twitter: http://twitter.com/brightonsfinest
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/brightonsfinestpresents

2. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

I seem to notice that channels related to music often get lots of views and watch time, but not too many subscribers.
    For myself, it took me 3 or 4 months before I subscribed to Lindsey Stirling. I absolutely LOVE her music and I would listen constantly, playing it in the background while I coach which is usually around 2-3 hours on a given day, but I hadn't subscribed.

3. Brightonsfinest

Brightonsfinest New User

I guess that's true - especially with artists. I have to really love an artist to subscribe, as the uploads can be far and few between. Most music channels I follow have some sort of educational aspect to them... like Adam Neely.

Does anyone know of any other music magazine type channels, like ours, which focus on interviews and live sessions? Wanna get to know my competitors better!

DragoNate likes this.
  4. Damon

Damon Active Member TubeBuddy User

Yeah, I've always way more views than subscribers. Over time more and more of those people have become subscribers. It can take a long time for people to get vested into your brand. You just keep cranking out content and see where it goes over a period of years.

Brightonsfinest and Paul like this.
  5. Brightonsfinest

Brightonsfinest New User

Thanks, man... how long have you been at it?

I'm hoping our new videos will bring in more, but I guess it's keeping an eye on best practices for encouraging people to sign up, without annoying them!

6. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

I think one of the best things you can do is find the communities where people gather to talk and share materials online about the things your channel covers, and then find ways of posting there. There's generalized promotions, but it's always best (to me) to find out where people are most inclined to like your stuff and post there as well.

Brightonsfinest, DragoNate and Damon like this.
  7. Damon

Damon Active Member TubeBuddy User

Four years now.

Brightonsfinest likes this.
  8. LivingWithTheGuzmans

LivingWithTheGuzmans Member

Here's the best tip don't focus on subscribers focus on getting more views. Views = subscribers and not the other way around. Generally only around 10% of your subscribers will view your content on a regular anyway. :kissing_heart:

Brightonsfinest and Damon like this.
  9. Brightonsfinest

Brightonsfinest New User

Thanks - I think that's actually very good advice.