Network Questions Should i leave my network? how does that work?

Discussion in 'YouTube MCN's and Network Discussion' started by Cookey33, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Cookey33

Cookey33 Newbie Member TubeBuddy User

So, i've been with a network pretty much the whole time I've been on youtube. I started out with Freedom and now i'm with Curse.
    However, now that i think of it all that i've been doing is using songs from their song access thing and nothing else. So i don't know if it's worth staying in a network (?)

If I do decide to leave then I assume i have to apply to the new youtube pogram (the 10k views one).
    Does anyone know how that works? When i leave a network is it instant and then i can apply? I would lose whatever $ i gained during that period right?

2. MrYorkiesWorld

MrYorkiesWorld Newbie Member

I'm in a similar position to you actually. I was with Freedom! and then with Creative Nation, whom subsequently dissapeared off the face of the earth, so I had to request to leave them.

I've decided to go ahead and just use Google directly. I've done some research and to be honest, unless you need the additional support like their music and their forums etc... there really isn't a need to join an MCN.

MCNs only really take more money away from you. If you monetize directly through Google, then sure - Google still takes a share of your revenue, but if you're with a network, the MCN will take yet another share out of that as well, so if you stick with Google alone you will get a lot more money from your videos in the long run.

The only question is, can you survive without an MCN? I think you can, and hopefully I'll be right when Google finally approves my own channel for monetization which is what I am currently waiting for.

A long story short, I would try and see how you find Google alone without an MCN. If you're content is good and well-made, you'll have no reason to join an MCN unless of course you're having problems getting your channel recognized etc... but then again there are also forums and communities outside of YouTube to help with that too.

I'd give Google a go directly and see what you think :)

Good luck!

--Yorkie

Cookey33 likes this.
  3. Cookey33

Thank you very much for your reply! Yea I think i'll give it a shot! i'm really not using the network that much and you're right i'm just losing a portion of my money :/

good luck to you also!

4. GearVlogz

GearVlogz Active Member TubeBuddy Pro

Please watch this video from Wreckless Eating about them leaving their MCN and the what they're currently going through. The 10K channel review process is currently going at a snail's pace so if you can go a few weeks or months without income rolling in you decide.

Cookey33 likes this.
  5. Cookey33

thank you for linking this! hm yea i guess i have to consider that... maybe ill wait till its a bit quicker
    (also thank you bc i used to watch WE but completely forgot what their channel name was LOL)

6. GearVlogz

N/P
    I have a gut feeling why the reviews are taking forever. I just log in to my Adsense account and they have a message posted to the top of the page that Adsense would be no longer showing YouTube Adsense after the beginning of the new year and that you need to find your Youtube Adsense revenue on your YouTube analytics tab.

Think they are gearing up for some major changes to Adsense and they do not want to flip the switch on a ton of new channels till these "new changes" are in place?

7. Cookey33

oh that's interesting and it makes sense. guess i really will wait haha i dont make a ton of money but everything helps

Aaron likes this.
  8. GearVlogz

Yeah, now I wish I had a video or two for my Travel foodie channel that would get suggested by YouTube to get that channel over the 10K view mark.

9. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

I currently would say leave, networks don't do much, but keep in mind what GearVlogz said.