Strategy Share Content In Facebook Groups

Discussion in 'Content Strategies' started by Jeremy Carden, May 4, 2018.

1. Jeremy Carden

Jeremy Carden New User

My two cents for successful sharing on social media is simply sharing your videos in Facebook Groups relevant to the topics on your channel.

For me, I post videos relating to Tyler Perry content. The Haves and the Have Nots is the show that my channel mainly focuses on: https://www.youtube.com/user/jbiblecarden.

The key is to read the rules within a group to ensure that you aren't just 'spamming' the group. Another great strategy is to share your videos on Twitter with hashtags related to the videos.

Hope this helps! It sure helps my videos go from 100s to 1000s of views in a matter of days!

2. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Active Member TubeBuddy Legend

Facebook was and really still is my biggest source of traffic. My channel is based on a local niche therefore, local groups often expect me to post a link to my video. However, Facebook is changing its algorithm to a point where external links don't get the attention they used to. I can already see it big time. So now I am forced to upload videos on Facebook as well which isn't such a bad idea. Might as well extend my brand on multiple platforms.

Jimmi Ellis and Ginger Lefty like this.
  3. Jimmi Ellis

Jimmi Ellis Newbie Member

I did a very unscientific test a couple days ago on my personal Facebook with my personal youtube videos.

Easier to test on mine, than my companies, but I wanted to see what kind of traction i'd get on newsfeed to my friends AND more importantly to verify if clicks to my youtube videos would count coming from facebook. There was a time in the past that views from FB would NOT count on tube.

I posted 2 links to the same video in 2 separate fb post. 1 link was just the url share link.. the other post i used the tube embed code.

I asked friends and family if they'd watch the video as I was testing to see if the count would increase. I also asked them to please comment if they did watch, to help me get an idea at tracking the clicks/count.

Interestingly I got a good amount of response on both links in the 2 post, beyond what I expected. Again, not scientific by any means but i was very surprised at the traction i got from this hitting the news feed.

The count of course increase and more than doubled the views. If any were surpressed I couldn't say as again, i did not use tracking links because I wanted to see if my tube links would get suppressed from FB.

Having said all that.. Brian Dean from backlinko.com on one of his videos this past week suggest this method when posting to FB.

Create a short except video say.. :30 strictly for FB video and tell them, i believe in the video, to watch the full video on youtube.

Of course use a good FB title headline etc, BUT don't post your Tube video link in the post area... be the first to comment on your FB post and provide the tube video link in the COMMENT section telling them they can watch the full video there.

Apparently the 'comments' area is treated differently in their algorithm at least for now.

Ceorge_Christofi likes this.