Suggested Replace a video on youtube

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by eunicelicious TV, Aug 30, 2017.

1. eunicelicious TV

eunicelicious TV New User

Sometime after video uploaded to youtube only we found mistake or improvement can be made within the video. Sometime our sponsor wish us to make enhancement to the video which we already uploaded to youtube. We are unable to replace the video.

I wish to have a function to replace video uploaded without affecting comments which already have and still maintain the same URL.

2. TheDirectorsOfGaming

TheDirectorsOfGaming Member TubeBuddy Legend

The functionality exists, however it is only available to larger channels with Partner Managers... and even then, you need to request it and have a really good reason. I can only ever think of 1 example where it has happened.

TubeBuddy cannot make changes to YouTube itself since they aren't YouTube, only add features to their own website and extension.

Andrew likes this.
  3. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

This is correct :)

4. InstrumentalMotion

InstrumentalMotion Newbie Member

Would it be possible for Tubebuddy to essentially copy all the details from another video on an upload? Like say for a client I edited something and did all of my keyword research, SEO, and properly formatted everything to send over. Then the client decides they want a different logo file used; it would be super convienent if I could copy everything from the first edit and put it into the second upload. Granted it won't be changing the original files, just reuploading a second file and copying the details from it.

5. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

That functionality actually does exist? Interesting...
    Do you mean ONLY the title, tags, description? Maybe cards & end screens, thumbnails as well? Then yes, TubeBuddy, can do that!
    If you mean comments or views or watch time, or something in the actual video then no.

6. InstrumentalMotion

InstrumentalMotion Newbie Member

Exactly, I wouldn't expect the views to come over, I would just love to be able to copy all the title, tags, description, location, monetization; basically all the settings you manually set when uploading a video. I work with musicians and constantly have to re-edit my videos to make minor changes before it gets released, would love to not have to redo all of that and instead basically have a button through tubebuddy that "gets the details" from a different video and applies them to the new upload you are trying to do.

DragoNate likes this.
  7. Phil

Phil Administrator Administrator

We have talked about a Copy / Paste feature between video Title/Tags/Description/Thumbnail but haven't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully soon!

DragoNate, Paul and Andrew like this.
  8. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

There is not a single button option for this, but you can still copy those things. Not the thumbnail, but you can either re-upload the thumbnail if you create it on your computer, or you can download it from the first video (if you create it with TubeBuddy) and then upload to the other.
    It's a bit more work, but still possible :)
    At least until that single button copy/paste is implemented ;)

InstrumentalMotion likes this.
  9. markhascole

markhascole Newbie Member

I had many issues in replacing