Suggested Playlist Management tool

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Einstein Parrot, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Einstein Parrot

Einstein Parrot Newbie Member

I need to organize my playlists better and would love to see a tool to make this easier. Including a column showing the playlist ID in the channel backup/download file would be a way to accomplish this. I would be able to see what videos are not in a playlist so that I can assign a playlist to them. Also, what videos are in which playlist and what videos are in multiple playlists, etc. s there a possibility TubeBuddy could do this?
    Star user, and loving TubeBuddy!

Paul likes this.
  2. Paul

Paul Member TubeBuddy Pro

I think that's a great idea @Einstein Parrot! I have a lot of playlists and the current Youtube playlist interface is a bit clunky. IMO.

3. Einstein Parrot

@Paul The YouTube playlist interface is awful, IMO! I thought about making a spreadsheet to serve my purposes, but it would be a huge undertaking! I'm interested in how others manage their playlists?

Paul likes this.
  4. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Newbie Member

I made a few playlists for videos I post (restaurant reviews, house construction, charity work...). I have those on my main channel page. I don't make any playlists for myself. Most of my videos are not in a playlist. YouTube's playlists could use a lot of work - I think this is a great idea.

5. Paul

Paul Member TubeBuddy Pro

I don't have any personal playlists. All of my playlists are channel related. The thing with playlists is when they are created YouTube creates it's own unique url for each playlist.

Which is the equivalent of uploading a new video. This is good.

What I do is try and leverage this for when I'm working on a video and not uploading new content for at least 48 hours.

6. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

I like what I am seeing here! I will pass it along :)

Einstein Parrot and Paul like this.
  7. Einstein Parrot

Paul and Andrew like this.
  8. Phil

Phil Administrator Administrator

Currently there is no way to do this. But we do plan on upgrading the Channel Backup to report playlist details. Or, it might be part of a bulk process in the Best Practices tool of Launch Pad. Probably still a couple months out until we can get to it unfortunately...

Einstein Parrot and Paul like this.