Question My Subs Dropped Off - Weird

Discussion in 'YouTube Discussion' started by Scott Fichter, May 15, 2018.

1. Scott Fichter

Scott Fichter Member Member of the Month

My channel is small. I was at the 250 mark 60 days ago, and my subs were picking up. I was getting 2 and 3 (sometimes more) subs a day. Four days ago I updated my channel image and trailer and SLAM no more subs. It's got me freaked out. Should I be nervous? What the heck did I do? I'm wondering what caused it. Is it a seasonal thing? Did I screw up? I'm in a saturated niche, so I'm worried. I have to fight tooth and nail to get subs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Subscribers fluctuate here and there. If it's only been 4 days since it kinda stopped, I say wait a little bit longer. Give it a week or 2, maybe even a month. If there's absolutely nothing or worse, you start losing, then I'd say there's a problem.

GearVlogz and Paul like this.
  3. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Pro

I wouldn't sweat it for now @Scott Fichter. I've found that my channel is more active during the Winter months when everyone has to be inside more. Let it motivate you to put out even better videos by working harder on the front end and back end of you channel!
    Good luck! -Paul

GearVlogz likes this.
  4. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

i wouldn't panic mine goes up and down all over the place, one day i lost 10 subs, by the end of the day i had +12 so it looked like i only gained 2 subs that day, but i didn't. Maybe you had same issue, if you released your trailer to notify subs maybe some ubsubed, i got lost of unsubs when i did a livestream, won't be doing that again

5. kunicross

kunicross Active Member

You can actually see quite well in the analytics where and on witch videos you get and loose subscribers so it possible could be a video lost your more than the others gained or a video where you made many subscribers started dropping off.

But fluctuations are quite severe so it's more important to figure out the long time trends and developments.

Andrew and Paul like this.
  6. Scott Fichter

Scott Fichter Member Member of the Month

Thank's fellas. I'm watching to hard. Know what I mean? I'm addicted. I have to lay off.
    --- Post updated ---
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

DragoNate and kunicross like this.
  7. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

Yep its hard,
    if you look at my figures for last 2 weeks on https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCA5BxqNslvqgVl61NvRTLjQ
    Your see only a few "-" figures however in some of them given days the drop is MUCH more, for example Sunday says "+13"
    however on Saturday night i already hit 1105 subs so i in fact only gained 1 sub, its best to look at things over a 2 week period.

Scott Fichter likes this.
  8. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Subs often stop for me for a day or two, and then there can be a jump in the other direction. I try not to obsess over it too much, because watching it every day can drive you crazy.