Entertainment Channel Living the Dream

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Southpaw, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw New User

Hi Everyone!

I have always been a creative person, but somehow chose a career path that was far more structured and included obtaining my doctorate 10 years ago. In 2013, I really found YouTube...seriously, it was like I discovered a whole new world with limitless possibilities. There was nothing I could not fix...how-to-tutorials for everything imaginable, self-help videos, and endless entertainment --whether you needed a good laugh or even a good cry. Before I knew it, YouTube was a staple for me. I often imagined myself throwing caution to the wind and starting a channel of my own...and even set one up...but never got the nerve to actually make anything public.

A few years ago, I became a mom for the first time at 44 and now have 2 kids (3 year-old boy and 11-month old girl) and still found myself wondering if I would ever use the Yeti mike and video editing software my husband purchased for my YouTube Channel aspirations. It even became the butt of a few jokes when he would poke fun at me. A few weeks ago, I was sitting on the floor in our family room playing with my son. We were having some imaginary play with his Mickey Mouse Club House small action figures when I decided that I wanted my channel to be something I could do with my kids, so that is precisely what I did! Now fast forward, I've uploaded 13 videos and have a little over 50 subscribers and am having a blast. I'm looking forward to this journey and making videos that continue to improve in content and quality. Unlike my job...this is fun and I'm enjoying doing something that is so different from my day-to-day professional image. I'm really enjoying being caught up in the moment and look forward to escaping to our basement to film my silly videos about kids toys. This is truly liberating.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I'm sure there will be many...time permitting.

--Southpaw

DragoNate likes this.
  2. Desert_Rat_65

Desert_Rat_65 Member TubeBuddy Pro

Welcome to the forums!

Southpaw likes this.
  3. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Member

Welcome and enjoy the journey. :)

Southpaw likes this.
  4. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Pro

Welcome to the TubeBuddy forum @Southpaw!

Southpaw likes this.
  5. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome Southpaw! I'm glad that you did decide to finally do what you sort of set out to do a long time ago. There's no time like the present! And it's great that you include your kids in it too!

Southpaw likes this.
  6. Ginger Lefty

Ginger Lefty Member TubeBuddy Star

Congrats and snap (almost). I'm 42 with 2 young kids, (3yr old girl and 16 month old boy). My wife has the good paying job, so I'm the stay at home Dad. Trying to juggle having a YouTube channel with my children, who are my absolute priority, is a journey indeed.

Southpaw likes this.
  7. Southpaw

Southpaw New User

It has only been a few weeks, but it is definitely a struggle finding the time to film and edit. Hoping to establish a routine. By the way...are you a lefty? I am. :grinning: We are taking over!
    --- Post updated ---
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and comments. Crazy week and not a lot of time to research, but hoping to learn more about how to best utilize TubeBuddy to grow my channel. Not quite sure how to use some of the tools, but hope to learn! See you in the forums everyone!

DragoNate and Paul like this.
  8. Ginger Lefty

Ginger Lefty Member TubeBuddy Star

I am both proudly ginger and left handed. We'll do fine as long as the takeover doesn't involve scissors or fountain pens.