Question Is anybody here a vegetarian or vegan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DustinJolley, Aug 10, 2018.

1. DustinJolley

DustinJolley New User

Is anybody here a vegetarian or vegan? I'm considering that myself and I'd like some advice.

Andrew likes this.
  2. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Active Member

I used to be vegetarian. I had a short, 27 year, Hindu phase from 1984-2011. Texas in the 80s ha ha...

Andrew likes this.
  3. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

nope but i done some videos with vegans and vegan related videos as it links up with my channel slightly as it reduces CO2 from the world, if you see a guestvlog i did with "she's Electric" shes a vegan and her husband has a youtube channel he's just started "tofu Steve"

Andrew likes this.
  4. kunicross

kunicross Active Member

I'm a vegetarian for about 3 years now I think, its not really hard to do but it's also not a totally eye-opening life change.

I think the more settle approach is greatly reducing your meat intake and only/mostly consuming high quality meat from trusted local production.

Veganism is a bit extreme and does require some serious meal planing etc. To stay healthy (which in itself is maybe the best part of it (health wise) but makes it just much harder than being "just" vegetarian)

If you want to be a vegetarian for whatever reason my advice would be to just try it out, as I said it's really easy and not a big change.
    Going vegan is a bit more complicated, I knew people who did that and ended up just eating potato chips which is not the best thing on a long term. - You really need to learn about eating right, plan your meals, cook yourself and probably still need B12 supplements to stay healthy long term there - on the up side most processed stuff and almost all restaurants are not vegan so there is a potential health benifit.

Andrew likes this.
  5. DustinJolley

DustinJolley New User

Cool.
    --- Post updated ---
    Cool. Thanks. I've always wanted to try it for health reasons and because I feel bad for the animals.

EV Nick likes this.
  6. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

I have a friend who is vegan, and she loves it. She's very happy with her decision, but one thing I respect is that she doesn't shove it in my face. Remember, it's a PERSONAL lifestyle choice, and I think if it makes you happy, and you remain healthy go for it!

DustinJolley and EV Nick like this.
  7. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

yep same with EL shes never forced talked me vegan or said anything when i eat meat

DustinJolley likes this.
  8. DustinJolley

DustinJolley New User

Thanks. Sadly, many vegetarians and vegans think they're saving the world by trying to force everybody else to agree with them, but really all they're doing is annoying people and angering them!

9. Ikerot

Ikerot Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan since that's not something I can do. Though I knew someone who was a pescetarian (eats fish and seafood), which honestly would suit my lifestyle more if I ever were to stray away from "meat" xD

DustinJolley likes this.
  10. DustinJolley

DustinJolley New User

Cool.