Seeking Advice I'm Going Away for a Week....

Discussion in 'Content Strategies' started by Drawingwithebear, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Drawingwithebear

Drawingwithebear Newbie Member

As the title says, I'm going away for a week, on my channel I only post twice a week but it takes a while for me to make my contant. I don't want to just no post for a week, what should I do?

2. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Well, you could either record/edit in advance and schedule the videos to come out during the week, or you could make a quick video informing your viewers that you'll be away for a week :)

Paul likes this.
  3. Drawingwithebear

That might work, thanks!

DragoNate likes this.
  4. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Pro

I'd definitely have a video scheduled to post at your normal time if you can. Consistency is key! :cool:

5. Drawingwithebear

thank you!

6. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Pro

I guess that depends on how fast you want to grow a channel. If you can pre plan a vacation, you can plan a scheduled video. Even if it’s a “I’m going on vacation quickie”. YouTube rewards consistency. Try and upload at least 1 video a week to speed up a channels YouTube growth.

DragoNate likes this.
  7. Damon

Damon Active Member TubeBuddy User

Or just take your break and get back on it when you come back. I take off the last half of every December, and usually the week of 4 July. Just take a break and get back on it when you get back.

You didn't start this in order to have another job. You get to decide when and how much content you'll make. That's your decision, not anyone else. You run your YouTube Channel, not letting your channel run you.

Consistency also mean consistently taking breaks. You have to prevent burn out. You need to define how many videos you will produce per year, not per week. If it's 100 videos per year, you can define when and how those video get uploaded.

I know some channels have a summer and winter schedule. Again you decide, not letting the channel run you. Otherwise you could stay at whatever miserable day job you may have.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  8. Ceorge_Christofi

Ceorge_Christofi Member TubeBuddy Star

I try and schedule videos for when I'm away. There is no rule that says you have to make content.

Paul likes this.
  9. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

I tend to schedule my videos while I'm out. I've seen a lot of people who started at the same rate of growth as I did at the same time start to take breaks, and one break tends to lead to another, and the whole thing can snowball. It can be hard to gain momentum after you've gone away, especially when you're just starting out.

DragoNate and Paul like this.