Video Review How can I improve the comedy and editing

Discussion in 'Content Feedback' started by Unknown187, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Unknown187

Unknown187 New User

Hi everyone, I make rocket league comedy videos. In this video I dont think the editing or the comedy is bad I just want to know how to improve, overall I think the video isnt the best due to lack of experience on youtube but I have tried to put a more unique twist on rocket league videos and I just want to see what you all think. I just think that I could improve in certain areas to allow my channel to grow and I need help identifying them areas.

The link to my video is here

The link to someone ive commented on today is here-https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/video-quality-and-does-it-mix-things-up-to-hold-attention.7920/#post-24800
    Thankyou for any feedback, not matter how harsh! I just need to know where to improve.

2. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

First all the white font in the beginning is hard to read behind thew blue background. Consider adding a text stroke, or shadow to make it stand out more. The audio at some points is fine, but it's sometimes all over the place in levels. I don't know what you are using to edit, but I would see if you can do multi tracks for audio. The visual is fine, but the countdown wasn't the most easy on the eyes because of the before mentioned problems. Overall, really solid information, but think of title it's really long, and not searchable. Try 5 types of rocket league players. Hope you find that helpful!

3. Unknown187

Unknown187 New User

Thankyou so much for the feedback man! Yeah I completely understand where you are coming from with the text, when re watching now I wish I would of made it clearer. Im using sony vegas 13 to edit and I must of accidentally added volume to places and not realised till the time of the video being released! Really appreciate the advice!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2017
    Lady April likes this.
  4. geraldjames

geraldjames Newbie Member TubeBuddy User

Firstly good job with making the video! Being creative and then sharing your idea is just the beginning and trust me when I say, you will only get better from here. On that note, was that your commentary for Player 1 or was that someone else? I'm not too familiar with this game but it looks pretty interesting from somewhere that has no idea what it is. Maybe the font is a little bit hard to read for some but I thought it was ok but possibly make the blue background a little bit darker.

The audio mixing was kind of off, with the pretty cool background music and then your overlay audio coming through quite high which made me turn down the volume a couple times just anticipating those peak volume moments.

Are you able to commentate throughout the video? This actually gave me an idea of having me play this game for the first time and record my experience. Would be cool if you talked throughout the video but then again, there are already a lot of youtubers out there that are already doing this.

Apart from that, just keep making videos. The more you make, the better you will become.

5. geraldjames

Btw, whats the song that you used for Player 5?? That's a pretty catchy beat, I like it!

6. Lady April

Lady April New User

Its really good and maybe im just picky but as a editor i must say some of the editing lacked but not enough to make a difference anyhow. SO 10/10

7. Unknown187

Unknown187 New User

Thhankyou for your feedback, I know my editing is a bit off in this video and im trying to improve it for later videos! But thankyou for the support means a lot!

Lady April likes this.
  8. Unknown187

Unknown187 New User

Thankyou so much for your feedback, it is someone else in the player 1 section! Looking back yeah my audio for the memes is far too loud and not everything is in sync which I have addressed in my later videos which ive brought out! Yeah I am able to commentate throughout the video but im a shy person so I dont really like it but I have tried to begin to so hopefully it works out for me! Yeah you should defiantly check the game out it is a lot of fun to play and thats why i enjoy creating videos on it so much! I really appreciate all the feedback man means a lot! The song is P-holla- do it for love!

geraldjames likes this.
  9. geraldjames

No problem man, just keep the videos coming. Thanks for the song!