Suggested How about an Upload Repository for YouTube, Facebook, and more.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jeffrey Powers, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Jeffrey Powers

Jeffrey Powers Member

Since YouTube is changing TOS and we can't directly push the video to FB, then what about a way to send the video to a repository, then have the ability to schedule or instantly push to YT, FB, and other services?

I wouldn't mind uploading my video to a Dropbox folder, which could connect via their API for me to organize videos. You could even charge people for 500 MB of storage for their videos (enough for 6 months worth of video).

The interface can let you set up tags, description, titles, thumbnails, and more. I could schedule to send the 4K version to YT, and the 720p version to FB. Maybe even the ability to send to Vimeo, Amazon, Dailymotion, and other services (if their API's allow).

This interface could add value because when I'm away with bad internet, I can still move videos around.

2. Phil

Phil Administrator Administrator

Thanks for the suggestion Jeffrey. We have considered this before but hosting gigantic video files from thousands and thousands of YouTube is not really something we want to do. There are so many complex pieces that go into it - I fear we wouldn't do a great job and it would be a support nightmare.

But maybe we could make it work where the files are stored on DropBox. The downside of publishing through the API and not directly on the Upload screen is that there are several options that are not available (like monetization settings).

We will continue to think about this and the best way to handle it. If you (or anyone else) uses Publish to Facebook frequently, please contact me (phil@tubebuddy.com)

3. kunicross

kunicross Active Member

I wasn't so fond of the idea at first but given the change to the partner program a possibity to upload a video once to a personal storage location, then add descriptions, tags etc. and teen simultaneously publish it to several platforms would be worth a lot. Especially for us people below the 1000 k subscribers.

Jeffrey Powers likes this.
  4. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Active Member

Is this something new? I am unfamiliar with it. You mean like no sharing to FB?
    Since YouTube is changing TOS and we can't directly push the video to FB,[/quote]

Jeffrey Powers likes this.
  5. Jeffrey Powers

Jeffrey Powers Member

[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can still use the TubeBuddy feature, but you have to have a copy of the video on the computer you are using. That causes issue for me, as most of the time I am on the road and don't have the original at hand.